[THEME] Tron for Apex

droidxchat

Reaction score
Current Status: Correcting some issues, please do not download.

First and foremost: this theme was created by Rola. Please visit his thread (link below) to see screenshots and to say thanks. He gave me permission to port it to Apex, but all credit goes his way. Thanks Rola!

Secondly, as usual I'll accept requests for customizations on the theme, so if you have a specific want (i.e., lockscreen to the side, customized banner, different icons in statusbar, different colors somewhere, etc), let me know.

Lastly, I'll be providing support for the theme, but will probably refer some questions to Rola's thread since he created the theme, not me. Please note: besides porting the theme, I also made two modifications. 1) Changed banner from "Verizon Wireless" to "Apex Tron Legacy". 2) You no longer need to download the wallpaper from the last link, instead you can go into Live Wallpapers and choose the Nexus live wallpaper, then configure both Background and Color Scheme to "CyanogenMod". I customized the live wallpaper within the theme, so this will give you a hybrid of the Tron wallpaper and nexus live wallpaper.

Tron Theme 1.0 for Apex 1.3.1

Release notes: Please review this before asking questions since they might be answered there.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/104816-theme-tron-theme-rubix-focused-1-9-0-a.html

Download: MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!
Removed temporarily

Icon Pack:
http://jbthemes.com/Rola/Rubix/Tronicons.zip

Wallpaper:
Picasa Web Albums - J-B Themes

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Reserved for FAQ:

1) Your bootup will take a while the first time. This is expected. Next time you boot after that, it will be the normal speed again.

I ported this theme quickly and tested it for all of 5 minutes, so you guys are going to be the real testers. Let me know if there are any problems.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
apex issues tron

hey man i sent you a message check your inbox theres some issues with the theme

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Removed the dl link while I fix keyboard Fc and a services issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
ok aye man i was wondering why the phone dialer isnt themed or the contacts? can you get those themed as well?

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
same here the guy who ported it is probably going to theme these parts hopefully

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
hey guys, so I'm in the process of laying this theme over a fresh apex 1.3.1 framework to make sure that there are 0 bugs.

regarding the dialer and contacts... here is the deal with that....

Rubix (which the theme was designed for) uses aosp dialer and contacts. Apex uses blur dialer and contacts.

I have two choices... the first is I try to give you guys the aosp version of dialer and contacts and you'll use that with the theme instead of the blur versions. The second is I try to theme the blur versions using graphical pieces of the aosp versions. Both will take some time.

droid anonymous, are you still using the theme? can you tell me if there's any bugs besides keyboard FC, no service on first reboot, and unthemed dialer/contacts?

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Im not using the theme anymore but there wasent any issues other then the ones i gave you and also the clock in status bar wasent themed and as for the dialer and contacts if its to much of a hassle you dont have to do it i just thought it would complete the look of the theme

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Droidxchat i was wondering would it be possible for you to port the blue drop theme to droid x apex 1.3.1 the only one out is the red one ported by onyx and i guess thats all he wanted to port since he wont port the blue one after repeated attempts to contact him so i was wondering if that would be a possiblity for you if u have spare time

jawonder

Reaction score
Please let us know when this is ready for Apex 1.3.1 , Screen shots looks great and we %100 want the live Tron Wallpaper . Theme as much apps as you can . Won't hesitate to donate .

jawonder

Reaction score
How about making the battery icon in the status bar stand upright and having the % inside the battery and you could make some fancy wifi and 3G icon . Thanks man and again great job . Go Apex !!

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
just wanted to let you guys know that i am still working on this and making progress, keyboard issues are fixed... current problem i'm tackling is "process system is not responding" at bootup.. which disappears on its own at next boot, but is replaced by a no service issue....

so i have to perform more tweaks on services.jar, that's where i'm at now, after that ill theme dialer/contacts and be done with it

not taking donations since its not my theme, its Rola's