[THEME] RubixHC / Complete Honeycomb for Rubix Focused

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do not flash the rom first. Unless you want to lose everything. Rubix is different than liberty. You can flash liberty without wiping and it will restore stock liberty. You flash rubix it wipes data automatically.
In case there is any doubt....this works just fine on rubiX 2.0.1. I followed the install instructions exactly.

I did have 1 f/c when trying to set a wallpaper. The galley would crash. I just rebooted and have had no problems since. This have happened before after applying themes or changes so I will not say it was due to this theme.

Hey bro, it looks pretty sweet. Now if only I can get this with the settings menu colorized/themed.

Am I understanding this correctly? No. 2)Reflash ROM. This will tidy things up, & do away with any left over bits from previous themes. Does this mean I need to reflash my original rom before continuing?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bigmotor

Reaction score
Do not flash the rom first. Unless you want to lose everything. Rubix is different than liberty. You can flash liberty without wiping and it will restore stock liberty. You flash rubix it wipes data automatically.
In case there is any doubt....this works just fine on rubiX 2.0.1. I followed the install instructions exactly.

I did have 1 f/c when trying to set a wallpaper. The galley would crash. I just rebooted and have had no problems since. This have happened before after applying themes or changes so I will not say it was due to this theme.

Hey bro, it looks pretty sweet. Now if only I can get this with the settings menu colorized/themed.

Am I understanding this correctly? No. 2)Reflash ROM. This will tidy things up, & do away with any left over bits from previous themes. Does this mean I need to reflash my original rom before continuing?

Think maybe I explained it wrong. I'm currently on the Rubix 2.0.1 rom, in the instructions to install RubixHC / Complete Honeycomb for Rubix Focused theme it states on the 2nd line that I should Reflash ROM

*Back Up Apps With Titanium Backup or Similiar App
IN CW Recovery:
1) Wipe Cache (NOT Data/ Factory Reset)
2)Reflash ROM. This will tidy things up, & do away with any left over bits from previous themes.
3) Reboot & Restore Apps If Needed from TB, Except for Twitter, Facebook, & Droid Forums App
4) Reboot Into Recovery, Mount System & Flash Theme
5) Reboot & enjoy the Honeycomb Goodness !
**You can flash without reflashing ROM if you want, but its worth the extra 5-10 minutes it takes to ensure proper functionality.

This is what I was referring too.....thanks

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nope, i understood. And the answer is the same. If you flash rubix it automatically wipes data. He wrote the op for liberty and pasted it here.

Think maybe I explained it wrong. I'm currently on the Rubix 2.0.1 rom, in the instructions to install RubixHC / Complete Honeycomb for Rubix Focused theme it states on the 2nd line that I should Reflash ROM

IN CW Recovery:
2)Reflash ROM. This will tidy things up, & do away with any left over bits from previous themes.
3) Reboot & Restore Apps If Needed from TB, Except for Twitter, Facebook, & Droid Forums App
**You can flash without reflashing ROM if you want, but its worth the extra 5-10 minutes it takes to ensure proper functionality.

guest00459

Reaction score
I love the HC style! I flashed rubix JUST for this theme! Thanks for all the hard work.

B

And @jacko1: Try using dolphin browser.

mcp770

Reaction score
Works great. Sooo glad I could come back to Rubix and keep this great theme.

bigmotor

Reaction score
Nope, i understood. And the answer is the same. If you flash rubix it automatically wipes data. He wrote the op for liberty and pasted it here.

IN CW Recovery:

Thanks so much, I'm sorry, I just didn't want to screw things up is all.....That last reply was the answer that I could understand....

Lhikan

Reaction score
Firstly great theme. Unfortunately, I can't read my Facebook widget because the text is white on a white background. Also, if I adjust the lcd density, the arrow in the center of the notification pull down area moves to the left. Anyone have any ideas to fix it?

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
I've re-flashed the ROM and then flashed the theme many times. It hasn't wiped data yet. Each time, I've ended up with my phone as I left it - with the new theme installed. I'm wiping cache each time manually before the ROM flash.

BSchnur6

Reaction score
Is this the same theme as the Liberated HC just for Rubix? I was wondering bc I wasn't too fond of the glowing effect on the the vibrate, usb, silent, incoming call slider, alarm clock icons etc in the status bar...Just wanting to try out a different ROM (Other than Apex) that has HC but has the standard icons.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Is this the same theme as the Liberated HC just for Rubix? I was wondering bc I wasn't too fond of the glowing effect on the the vibrate, usb, silent, incoming call slider, alarm clock icons etc in the status bar...Just wanting to try out a different ROM (Other than Apex) that has HC but has the standard icons.

It must be because the items you named do indeed have that nice glow to them.

jdhas

Reaction score

I personally can't stand that "nice" glow -- my days of tripping on acid are long behind me -- so I swapped the offending icons out with cleaner versions from another theme using Ninjamorph. I also pulled out the silly blue arrow from the notification background -- it just seemed sloppy and out of place. I'm still pretty irked by the fact that the 3G icon flips around when there is signal traffic -- will have to fix that this weekend when I have PhotoShop available to me. Otherwise, this is a pretty nice theme.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score

I personally can't stand that "nice" glow -- my days of tripping on acid are long behind me -- so I swapped the offending icons out with cleaner versions from another theme using Ninjamorph. I also pulled out the silly blue arrow from the notification background -- it just seemed sloppy and out of place. I'm still pretty irked by the fact that the 3G icon flips around when there is signal traffic -- will have to fix that this weekend when I have PhotoShop available to me. Otherwise, this is a pretty nice theme.

Otherwise? You chopped up everything about this theme....LOL! Naw man, I'm with you on the blue arrow & 3G icon. The 3G was bugging me too. Overall though, I'm still using this theme, just haven't had time to tinker with it lately.

Last edited:

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
Wondering how to get the wallpaper shown in the screenshot in the first post.

Whitemike358

Reaction score
Would it be best to wipe everything, then reinstall rubix before installing theme? Im using the blue gingerbread theme right now.

Whitemike358

Reaction score
One more question? This will be my second theme and your instructions are a little different than the last. The last one you just picked install from zip from sd card but yours says to use mount. Do you mean mount and storage and if so, what after that because there all kinds of options under that? Any help would be appretiated!