The Snapdragon from Qualcomm Will Have New Dual-Core Progeny on the Near Horizon

Darkseider

Reaction score
Of course it marketing mumbo jumbo. Like when the Incredible came out everyone wanted a phone that had a 1Ghz Snapdragon....Snapdragon, Snapdragon, Snapdragon....buzz word.

Everyone wanted a 1Ghz Snapdragon, yet the gpu in the 550 Mhz OMAP in the Droid 1 was better.
lolz, I would recommend getting an education in smart phones before posting again. The 550mhz TI OMAP cpu in the Droid 1 does NOT contain any kind of GPU. It has a seperate chip PowerVR SGX 535 gpu along side of it on the circuit board. It does NOT run at 550mhz like the CPU nor does the snapdragon run its Anderno 205 GPU at 1ghz. You cant just "make things up" and pretend they are real. I would like to thank you though for displaying this trait so now we know to dismiss anything you post from now on.

Actually it is a PowerVR SGX 530 which IS a GPU just like the Adreno. Oooh and for those trivia buffs out there "Adreno" is "Radeon" which is the mobile ATI GPU for SoC's.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of course it marketing mumbo jumbo. Like when the Incredible came out everyone wanted a phone that had a 1Ghz Snapdragon....Snapdragon, Snapdragon, Snapdragon....buzz word.

Everyone wanted a 1Ghz Snapdragon, yet the gpu in the 550 Mhz OMAP in the Droid 1 was better.
lolz, I would recommend getting an education in smart phones before posting again. The 550mhz TI OMAP cpu in the Droid 1 does NOT contain any kind of GPU. It has a seperate chip PowerVR SGX 535 gpu along side of it on the circuit board. It does NOT run at 550mhz like the CPU nor does the snapdragon run its Anderno 205 GPU at 1ghz. You cant just "make things up" and pretend they are real. I would like to thank you though for displaying this trait so now we know to dismiss anything you post from now on.

Actually it is a PowerVR SGX 530 which IS a GPU just like the Adreno. Oooh and for those trivia buffs out there "Adreno" is "Radeon" which is the mobile ATI GPU for SoC's.

I would like to thank you Darkseider for correcting this guy for me. Thank you......

First off Grimster, who said it ran at 550Mhz? I said the gpu in the Droid 1 was better than the gpu in the Incredible. I mentioned nothing about speeds.

Talking about someone needing education in smartphones before posting....LOL!!! How about you get an education in cpu's, gpu's before posting....

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
That why I don't trust HtC their gpu isn't better then droid line phones. Kinda of sad that droid 1 with overclock and Gingerbread rom feel like 1gb phone. Hopefully, Motorola will make another droid 3 have google experience phone for next device. I don't like motoblur beside power vr chip getting boast from 530 to 535 on droid 2/x it doesn't feel much of an upgrade to get a droid 2.

Fyi 4g still isn't faster than Wifi

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Depends on your home internet speed.

In good coverage and low traffic my 3G can almost match my home dsl speeds (250 KB/s on 3G versus 275 KB/s on home wifi). Granted, the times i get those speeds are few and far between, but my point is that 4Gs MINIMUM speeds still beats 3Gs MAXIMUM.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

Its TwiX

Reaction score
The xbox and ps3 are both sporting a 3.2Ghz cpu if my memory is right... I have a hard time beliving that it can keep pace. I know Xbox is sporting a new xbox live mobile feature but that has to be dialed down somewhat. Just saying. :)

^+
Exactly... I don't know what crack those people were smoking but you simply can NOT get MULTI-core performance from a 'dual' core, duh... also 1.5G is a FAR CRY (pun intended) from 3+G... it might be 'comparable' to the arcade games perhaps but that it.... The graphical processor alone in both those consoles hold more calculation ability than anything you're going to find in a phone in the next few years (simple limitation of HEAT and POWER with the current technology)

Qualcomm will create a small Cooling Unit Using Liquid Nitrogen, "CUULN" (Get it?) to cooldown the 3.2 GHz processor. And then sell the phone for $400 on contract for having a cool science experiment in the phone.

Now on-topic.. I think it's pretty cool that it would have the same processing power as a gaming console however I highly doubt it. It's probably one of things that it can do something the PS3 can do (graphic-wise) so it can be deemed as similar. Same things is going on with the Attrix's laptop dock. They can say it can do "more than a netbook" because it can do things the netbook can't.