The sdcard is not present is says...

RadioMaFFiA

Reaction score
Hello.

For no reason that i am aware off the sd card is not present but in reallity its in the phone but not regonized any more all of a sudden.
It says Sd & phone store settings: -SD card Total space Unavailable - Available space Unavailable.
When I put this sd card in an another smartphone it is accessible and no problem.
When I put another sd card in the Motorola Droid its accesible and no problem.
This sd card delivered by the phone works everywhere but not anymore with this droid.
Unmount SD card & Format SD card cannot be opened. Any idea what it can be and what to do about except for buying a new sd card?
Thanks in advance. Erik

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would place the sdcard in a card reader and copy all your files to your PC then format the card, Then copy back.

OP
R

RadioMaFFiA

Reaction score
I would place the sdcard in a card reader and copy all your files to your PC then format the card, Then copy back.

You named it and meanwhile i was putting the SD card in an external reader and copied everything to another location and did a format in my desktop pc. Now the card is regonized again! Seems like partition that was not so stable anymore? Now I am putting every thing back and hope it will work again...Thankyou for your quick answer and your answer was correct indeed!:icon_ banana:
Edit: worked! Everything as it was...yeahhh

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Glad it worked for ya.

slayda

Reaction score
When I first got my Droid, I had a problem with the SD card seating properly in the phone. The way it goes in seems sloppy but once I got it seated correctly it has continued to work fine.