The Review Thread

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
One the one hand I can understand them doing a limited roll out in case things turn into a giant turd. But the P3's are so knew that unless you're husband/wife team (or similar) that both got new phones, its going to hard for people to find someone else to test it with. Heck even when it does get turned on for the rest of the VZW Pixels...it won't do me any good with my wife on AT&T and a OnePlus5t.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. This is a really weird way to start a roll out. Should've done Samsung devices too or tested for all compatible devices (should be any that can run Messages) in certain locations/areas.

I did find a friend to try it out with a little. It definitely is more like chatting than texting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's cool. My two biggest issues with SMS/MMS are video degradation, and for whatever reason, delayed receipt of messages from people on other carriers. I don't know why but sometimes it can be hours before I receive a text that my wife sent.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. Video degradation is probably my number one. Once in a while, my wife will text me a video of the kids or the dogs & I have to remind her to send it again in Hangouts or Facebook messenger so I can actually see it.

I haven't tried video with my friend yet. The wife & I are both on Verizon, but she has a Galaxy S8.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

Peter_mot

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
Guys, does anybody know about Pixel 4? When it will be released?