The problem with the market is the lack of synergy between consumers and developers

knighthonor

Reaction score
One of the main disadvantages that the Android consumer has when comparied to the Apple App Store, is the lack of trusted quality, which apple gives its consumers, especially if they have to buy the app.

Well I suggest Google stepping up to do something along the same lines. They don't necessarily have to hammer away our rights like Apple does when it comes to their apps,
But for """"QUALITY APP"""" I would like it if Google would put Their """"SEAL OF QUALITY """" on certain apps in the Android market that actually are of quality.

That's my idea.
I mean,, Apple's developers know their consumers are comfortable with """"BUYING APPS"""" so they have know problem putting price tags on their apps that are of quality development.

Android consumers on the other hand don't get this type of background enforcement for quality like Apple pushes. We are more free, when it comes to regulations in the market. But the side effect of this is that, this allows """"MANY LESSER QUALITY APPS"""" to come to the market trying to also pull the same prices and values that the quality apps are.
This limits the trust of Android app consumers. How do we know if what we buying is of quality?

Using my idea of putting a """"SEAL OF QUALITY """" on quality apps tested and approved by Google, consumers would be more open to buying apps rather as to the current mindset of Android consumers migration to the free market.

NOTE::::
this idea does get rid of low quality apps, nor does it prevent developers from making such apps. So the regulations still would be freely open as now, only difference is that High Quality apps would get this trusted """"SEAL OF QUALITY """" in which consumers can trust, in a way similar to Apple's quality regulations.

Maybe from such a movement, more """"HIGH QUALITY APP DEVELOPERS"""" from the apple market will be more willing to convert over to the Android Market!

Yeahhh Baby (in Austin Powers voice)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rixa

Reaction score
Isn't that what the star rating is for? The apps with 4-5 stars are pretty good the ones with 0-1 stars and tons of bad comments are the ones to stay away from..

ya kind of sound like the old guy from tommy boy and how would ya know they didn't sell ya a "quality" piece of $@*!

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
Isn't that what the star rating is for? The apps with 4-5 stars are pretty good the ones with 0-1 stars and tons of bad comments are the ones to stay away from..

ya kind of sound like the old guy from tommy boy and how would ya know they didn't sell ya a "quality" piece of $@*!
Well the star system is that reliable when many apps aren't even rated, and some users give lower rates to apps because they don't do what they wanted it to do, even though it was never suppose to. But yes its still helpful, as of now, its all we have

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App