Some Developers arent selling their apps on the Android market, but they sell on IOS

knighthonor

Reaction score
Some developers like Gameloft, sell their apps only from their site and not on the market,

but for some reason they have no problem selling their apps on Apple App store.

whats the deal with this? Any legal issues Android is having which is scaring off these developers?

To Be Honest
I hate having to search for a app both in Market and in goggle, only to find out it was a waist of time anyway since its not there.
I rather Google get this issue handled, so more apps become known and accessible

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It should get more interesting as more app markets are added as well.

Good luck getting this "issue handled". If you a single source for apps is a must-have then you might want to look into an iOS device.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
It should get more interesting as more app markets are added as well.

Good luck getting this "issue handled". If you a single source for apps is a must-have then you might want to look into an iOS device.
more app markets, as in different OS?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
to be quite honest its more googles fault for this. With google allowing you to install out of market apps some developers would rather sell them on their own site where they get 100% of the profits rather then having to share anything with google.

This is one thing apple did right they dont allow any out of market apps so everything has to go through itunes so they get a percentage of everything.

and yes i know you can side load 3rd party apps onto a jailbroken iphone or via cydia.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
to be quite honest its more googles fault for this. With google allowing you to install out of market apps some developers would rather sell them on their own site where they get 100% of the profits rather then having to share anything with google.

This is one thing apple did right they dont allow any out of market apps so everything has to go through itunes so they get a percentage of everything.

and yes i know you can side load 3rd party apps onto a jailbroken iphone or via cydia.

+1. Also, android is not really set up for devs to make money off their apps (at least any great amount of money). With everyone screaming open source open source, it's hard to expect android users to pay for apps that ios users would.

Last edited by a moderator: