The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Are Now Official!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't need an all screen phone, Google.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I can understand peeps wanting the jack..on the other hand it’s nice having more screen to view in smaller body ...if you include that adapter with phone you can still use jack ...more importantly let’s get better battery life all the way around like recent improvements with Moto and even Sammy

Sent using Tapatalk

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Interesting

"Google’s Mario Queiroz said that Google wants to make all-screen phones. And having a 3.5mm headphone jack inside the phone doesn’t fit with that design strategy.

That’s also why Google launched the Pixel Buds, a direct AirPods rival, but also a product that’s meant to “solve” the problem it created by removing the aging audio port.

Sent using Tapatalk

All screen doesnt work because one must indeed actually hold the phone with hands which will overlap onto the display/edges to some degree. Hence laptops have palm rejection tech because you just cant get away from using those dang hands lol. And I didnt know headphone jacks were a problem. Mine never jumped on the screen nor did it bit my finger. More like, since Apple is getting extra $$$ outta you suckers we want that extra $$$ too!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
All screen doesnt work because one must indeed actually hold the phone with hands which will overlap onto the display/edges to some degree. Hence laptops have palm rejection tech because you just cant get away from using those dang hands lol. And I didnt know headphone jacks were a problem. Mine never jumped on the screen nor did it bit my finger. More like, since Apple is getting extra $$$ outta you suckers we want that extra $$$ too!
Here's hoping we can figure out your to control our phones with our minds.

Voice control is helpful but I can't play a game with my voice

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I used the S8 + for a bit and I consider it all screen didn’t have any issues with touches ..only thing I prefer flat screen less edge

Sent using Tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I remember the first time I saw the Galaxy S6 Edge. I was blown away by how beautiful it looked. I was astounded that phones could look that crisp and bright. The shiny curves on the top and bottom. The edges on the side...so different.

The Pixel 2 is meh compared to that phone as far as design goes. The pinnacle of Nexus design in my opinion was with the Nexus 6. I think it looks slightly better than the Nexus 6P, and way better than any Pixel. Why did they go down in design?

Putting those huge bezels on the Pixel, and removing the headphone jack is like Google flipping us the bird. A big middle finger you can clearly see with the best camera.

C'mon, when you got phones that are nearly the same size as the Pixel 2 XL, with microsd, with wireless charging, with IP68, with Infrared scanner, AND headphone jack, you better step up your game.

And I actually don't really care about the headphone jack omission, but they didn't even include usb c earbuds in the box!!!!!!!

kinfolk248

Reaction score
I remember the first time I saw the Galaxy S6 Edge. I was blown away by how beautiful it looked. I was astounded that phones could look that crisp and bright. The shiny curves on the top and bottom. The edges on the side...so different.

The Pixel 2 is meh compared to that phone as far as design goes. The pinnacle of Nexus design in my opinion was with the Nexus 6. I think it looks slightly better than the Nexus 6P, and way better than any Pixel. Why did they go down in design?

Putting those huge bezels on the Pixel, and removing the headphone jack is like Google flipping us the bird. A big middle finger you can clearly see with the best camera.

C'mon, when you got phones that are nearly the same size as the Pixel 2 XL, with microsd, with wireless charging, with IP68, with Infrared scanner, AND headphone jack, you better step up your game.

And I actually don't really care about the headphone jack omission, but they didn't even include usb c earbuds in the box!!!!!!!
This guy for president lol

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Done with the bezeless craze. Showing my wife a pic on my phone tonight. I turn phone to face her.... something else is onscreen. I look at it ..yep, I touched something just turning my Z2 with skinny side bezels to face her. Tried again...again I must have clicked something else because Reddit was now on screen. Come on! Bezels aren't bad! Took me 3 tries to show her. Give. Me. Bezels.

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
I am currently using an S8+ and don't have any problems at all.
Perhaps you just need a bit of practice. :D

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
I used to think that my S6 Edge + was the sexiest phone but now after using my S8 for a while it just seems so old fashioned and clunky.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I used to think that my S6 Edge + was the sexiest phone but now after using my S8 for a while it just seems so old fashioned and clunky.
I can't stand the curved edge, I constantly hit things I don't mean to. Thankfully it wasn't my phone.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I am currently using an S8+ and don't have any problems at all.
Perhaps you just need a bit of practice. :D
Or.... I could just buy a phone with bezels. Then I don't need to practice anything.
Can someone tell me what is the advantage to having no bezel? Just one thing.