The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Are Now Official!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Get a bigger phone. What else ya got?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
My g6 has the smallest bezels I've ever had, I use a tpu case that adds a lip to it. When I remove the case I hit the sides of the screen, it's annoying.

The edge screens are a pain...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
My g6 has the smallest bezels I've ever had, I use a tpu case that adds a lip to it. When I remove the case I hit the sides of the screen, it's annoying.

The edge screens are a pain...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I don't have that problem - at least not yet on my note 8. maybe it is the launcher I use.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Have the Pixel and am on the fence on whether to upgrade. Probably smarter to skip this generation, my Pixel hasn't slowed down at all and only gotten better with Oreo

I was on the fence too but then front facing speakers. I find myself using my phone a lot more these days now that I no longer have TV service. My wife may be watching netflix on the TV so I'll use my phone. The camera, I always want and love new/better cameras on phones. It helps me not to have to carry my DSLR around as much.

Also, you can use the Google trade in program. I'm getting $400 for my XL. My buddy is getting 270 for his non XL.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
LOL! Yea, but which one? When we're all carrying a pane of glass how will we know what's what?

don't really make a difference. just show you have the latest phone at this moment in time :) another year or two, there will be something different or a new trend what will separate the pane of glass from the even newer phones.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
LOL! Yea, but which one? When we're all carrying a pane of glass how will we know what's what?

When you let her use your phone because you have a headphone jack and you end up in love lol

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
Get a bigger phone. What else ya got?

I already have a bigger phone, see left.
If you are happy with yesterday's tech then God bless you.

The main purpose of a bezel less phone is that a bigger screen is fitted on a smaller phone.

Perhaps they aren't for the less dextrous.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Ok so what is the perfect screen size for a handheld device??

My vote is somewhere in the 5.5 range of the G3 from yesteryear... Big screen, small bezels, small forehead and chin, even had room for IR and a jack. Anything bigger than that is pushing it imo when you have to develop one hand mode software...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I already have a bigger phone, see left.
If you are happy with yesterday's tech then God bless you.

The main purpose of a bezel less phone is that a bigger screen is fitted on a smaller phone.

Perhaps they aren't for the less dextrous.
Or it's just a giant dick measuring contest. Who's got the thinnest bezel? LG does! Nope, now it's Samsung. Ono, Apple just beat everyone! I'm not being a luddite here, lol, I just don't see the big deal. The P2 looks fine with it's small bezels.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can continue to be happy with uninspired design. The G2 was the most convenient phone to use one handed, and at the time, a 5.2 inch screen was big. Why would I want a phone that half bezel, when I can have more screen at a much more convenient to handle form factor? Seems like a no brainer lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
Or it's just a giant dick measuring contest. Who's got the thinnest bezel? LG does! Nope, now it's Samsung. Ono, Apple just beat everyone! I'm not being a luddite here, lol, I just don't see the big deal. The P2 looks fine with it's small bezels.

Size matters my friend, if you're happy with a phone that's half screen and half bezel then good for you.
Me however I'm happy with state of the art. :p

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Boys, Boys, Boys LOL

Yes I will admit that the Chin and Forehead on the new P2 will be the one thing I like the least. But for my needs on my work phone I needed something more easily pocketable, water resistant, and that would have longevity in terms of support and software/security updates.

I was very very close to going with the S8, but there were just enough reports about screen breakage (remember work phone) to gave me pause.