The only fix for 4g connectivity issues!!

jthorpe

Reaction score
Pretty sad. And they sure do love to charge the hell out of us.

jayb

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with vzw. They had me do something with enabling data roaming. See if that doesn't cut these down a tad.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

They told me the same bull story........and no that doesnt help at all. I just call up every month and get a credit on my account.

ROLLTIDE1

Reaction score
I have tried new phones, sim cards and used them in different locations and I'm getting the same results

collett

Reaction score
@spoogly, I'm in TN as well, though in Nashville. I wonder if part of the problem here is that VZW has a big push right now to add a significant amount of 4G coverage in TN. I read an article in The Tennessean earlier this week that outlined how much of the state they're trying to cover. I don't know if that makes a difference. But perhaps if they're working on 4G in your area it might have some effect. 4G is not as stable for me as it used to be and Nashville is pretty well covered.

ROLLTIDE1

Reaction score
This is clearly not a certain area issue and it doesn't look like it's been fixed this morning with all the 4G launches

rangerroy

Reaction score
Yep - they are working on setting up new towers and tweaking their 4g service. We stopped having problems in central NC area yesterday, but it's exactly what you all have been describing. 4g with plenty of bars and then it just drops the data side of the connection right in the middle of use. As of yesterday afternoon things seem to have stabilized. The ONLY way I was able to find out that they were working in my area was going to their news website - news.verizonwireless.com and troll through the stories for the last month and a half and find out they were planning on working on the 4g signal in our area. If you are having problems, I suggest you look there to see if you can find news about your area (wish they would find a better way to notify us before they start work) and switch your 4g phones to CDMA (3g) only to retain data connectivity while they are working in your area.

Hope this helps,

rangerroy

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
rangerroy said:
Yep - they are working on setting up new towers and tweaking their 4g service. We stopped having problems in central NC area yesterday, but it's exactly what you all have been describing. 4g with plenty of bars and then it just drops the data side of the connection right in the middle of use. As of yesterday afternoon things seem to have stabilized. The ONLY way I was able to find out that they were working in my area was going to their news website - news.verizonwireless.com and troll through the stories for the last month and a half and find out they were planning on working on the 4g signal in our area. If you are having problems, I suggest you look there to see if you can find news about your area (wish they would find a better way to notify us before they start work) and switch your 4g phones to CDMA (3g) only to retain data connectivity while they are working in your area.

Hope this helps,

rangerroy

I thought the bars are for radio signal, not data signal.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I personally don't agree with the "don't use it" mentality. Nor would I take a single individuals comment as solid proof as to what's going on with the towers.. :)

The truth of the matter is this, VZW is expanding the 4g network, and they're sticking antenna arrays in the dangdest of places... the new 4g equipment is so small compared to the 3g stuff. :cool:

And they're always checking stuff out. But this stuff is in its infancy. If you're having issues, call vzw and put in a trouble ticket. They do mess around alot, but try to remain persistent and you'll get somewhere. This is what I've had to do... :rolleyes:

Some of the network issues aren't just vzw... I know of a few situations where things went south with some deals they had in place for towers and other repeater stations ... so to speak lol. :eek:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
S

spoogly

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input..

I did try the sim card pull with all 3 phones Ive had...no luck. The area I live in doesnt have 4g but the area I work(35 miles to the west) does have 4g. So I guess It is the network in my area.. While im in the area with 4g I was told the phone being backwards compatible
with 3g it tries to connect to those 3g towers instead... So who knows lol

jthorpe

Reaction score
Now that I've updated my mifi 4510 it transitions much better and loses 4g much less then my bionic does. The reliability of my bionic was much better before. It's gotten worse over the past month.