Going downhill fast

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just got this phone on Friday, now it's having data drop issues... constantly, when it does have data, it spends more time in 3g than in 4g.... I'm in an area that is 4g, and my bionic is getting and maintaining a 4g signal. Also the phone has become very unstable, after having to power cycle the phone a few times I did a factory reset to see if it would clear anything up... nope.

And now its having an issue with putting shortcuts and Widgets on the home screen. I select add to home, and then its not there unless I power cycle the phone. Then it appears.

The phone is stock, and really starting to pi$$ me off!!!!

Called vzw to ask about network issues or work being done in this area, nothing... but now even the bionic is starting to drop 4g..... so it could be vzw for the 4g issue.......

But its still acting very sluggish, not crisp or fluid like before. It's not loaded down with apps, has a ton of open memory everywhere... doesn't have a bunch of junk running in the background, no third party app killers..... guess I'll call Verizon in the morning and ask for a replacement.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I know it doesn't help but my Maxx goes from WiFi to 3g to 4g effortlessly. I work in a high rise and depending where I am in the building I'll lose 4g all the time.

Just today I was walking the dogs, as I walked up to my door way I noticed it change from 4g to WiFi before I got to the front step!

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

db4

Reaction score
that is not right, they should replace it quickly

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just got this phone on Friday, now it's having data drop issues... constantly, when it does have data, it spends more time in 3g than in 4g.... I'm in an area that is 4g, and my bionic is getting and maintaining a 4g signal. Also the phone has become very unstable, after having to power cycle the phone a few times I did a factory reset to see if it would clear anything up... nope.

And now its having an issue with putting shortcuts and Widgets on the home screen. I select add to home, and then its not there unless I power cycle the phone. Then it appears.

The phone is stock, and really starting to pi$$ me off!!!!

Called vzw to ask about network issues or work being done in this area, nothing... but now even the bionic is starting to drop 4g..... so it could be vzw for the 4g issue.......

But its still acting very sluggish, not crisp or fluid like before. It's not loaded down with apps, has a ton of open memory everywhere... doesn't have a bunch of junk running in the background, no third party app killers..... guess I'll call Verizon in the morning and ask for a replacement.

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if the issue with shortcuts and widgets disappears. It may also resolve the data drop issue.

To boot into Safe Mode;

1. Power down the phone by hitting and holding Power,
  2. Select "Power Off" from the pop-up menu,
  3. Wait for the phone to completely shut off, first you'll feel a short vibration, and then the screen will be black and all lights will go out.
  4. Now that the phone is completely off, hit the power button to power up again, but be ready...
  5. Once you see the RED Motorola "M" Circle logo, press and hold BOTH Volume buttons, and don't let go!!
  6. Wait until you see the home screen and the transparent words "Safe Mode" in the bottom left corner of the screen,
  7. Now release the Volume buttons.
Now the phone is essentially running a Stock Android straight from the Flash ROM, and there will be NO User-installed apps running or available to bugger up the system. All apps that show in your app tray will be those which were Factory Installed or installed as part of the most recent Over The Air (OTA) update you've installed. Of course, in the case of those who installed either leaked ROMs or custom ROMs, this will NOT take you back to a Stock Android, but instead back to the leaked or custom ROM, but will be ONLY that ROM and NO user-installed apps.

It's so encompassing of a clean boot that even if you go into the Market, you'll see your apps showing as installed, but the "Open" button will not be there at all.

If whatever problem you were having is gone while in Safe Mode, it's almost certain that it was a user-installed app that's causing the problem. Then it's just a matter of a process of elimination, and you should start with the most recently installed app and work backwards - one app at a time until the problem disappears. Whatever app you last uninstalled is then most likely the culprit.

To get back to a normal boot, simply shut down and restart.

Good Luck with another troubleshooting tool!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It acts slow and sluggish even in safe mode..... its my luck. You know how these phones act when you just turn em on? How they're slow, and clumsy for the first 30 seconds? That's how this one acts.... all the time. I did a factory reset and didn't install any of the apps I usually run(there's only 10) and its still acting like its just been turned on. And I'm sitting in a 4g area, with 3g coverage.... I'm getting pretty ticked. I was told to get another simcard to see if that will help with the 4g... so I guess I'll go try that. While I'm there, if they have any of these phones, I may make them swap my phone.

I'll report back. And thanx guys.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Walked into the vzw store and right when I handed the phone to the person it died. Lucky me huh? So new phone, new simcard. Still having the 4g drop issue. So maybe the RAZR has a more sensitive 4g radio than the bionic? Cause my bionic will keep 4g and my RAZR will drop to 3g right next to each other. So idk

By died, I mean the screen fragged up, and it started making a high pitch squealing noise. At least it happened in his hands and not mine.