★ The Official 2013 NFL Season Thread ★

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For the record I wasn't impressed with Mr Sherman's acting like an ass clown during his interview right after the game.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

Hey every team has one in fact that was what drove me nuts about aquan boldin he would do all these antics after making a big play. Still it was a hard fought game, the teams have history being in the same division and they overcame a deficit to win the game. The niners had plenty of opportunities to win but in the end Seattle made the plays they had to and they won the game.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hey every team has one in fact that was what drove me nuts about aquan boldin he would do all these antics after making a big play. Still it was a hard fought game, the teams have history being in the same division and they overcame a deficit to win the game. The niners had plenty of opportunities to win but in the end Seattle made the plays they had to and they won the game.

Being in the Bay Area, all I hear is "bad calls", "ref was 12th man", etc. Yeah the refs had some bad calls, but that goes for every NFL game, period.

As you said Niners had all the opportunities and more than enough time left to make a comeback. Right plays weren't made, Kaepernick really stunk it up in the 4th. His mistakes are what costed them the game, not a missed call that should've gone SF's way the play Bowman went down.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Being in the Bay Area, all I hear is "bad calls", "ref was 12th man", etc. Yeah the refs had some bad calls, but that goes for every NFL game, period.

As you said Niners had all the opportunities and more than enough time left to make a comeback. Right plays weren't made, Kaepernick really stunk it up in the 4th. His mistakes are what costed them the game, not a missed call that should've gone SF's way the play Bowman went down.

Niners got the ball on a fumble the very next play, in better field position. Karma served.
Kap hasn't figured out its a team game yet.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
That was a great game. The bad calls were bad particularly the roughing the kicker that wasn't called and led to Seattle points.

49ers were unlucky but that's part of the game. The ball is just going to roll your way sometimes and when you can take advantage of that you're going to win.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apology or not, what he did postgame doesn't help his reputation at all. People are going to remember what he said after the game instead of the play he made.

I totally agree. People will also equate the entire team to being that way also.
On another note I saw an interview with Goodell last night and he alluded to serving that I find intriguing and want to get others take in it.
In essence a touchdown would be 7 points (not 6) and no kicking pat needed. That in itself I'm not a big fan of but the twist I am.
The 2 point type conversion would still be there (run or pass attempt) and if successful would give 1 more point (total=8) BUT if unsuccessful would take away a point (total=6).
Opinions wanted on this.
Another thing he said will probably be voted into policy this year, start in 2015, is more teams in the playoffs. I'm not a big fan of this one at all. I see how it has diluted other sports that have an almost everybody playoff system and I'm thinking it's about revenue 100% , fan desires 0%. It looks like a desperate attempt at more revenue by a greedy league to me.
Again, what do y'all think?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
I'm an "s pen aholic" Noteate

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
The extra point change makes no sense.

-The 7th point is essentially automatic already. Goodell said so himself.

-No one is going to go for the extra 8th point unless they need it.

-If they fail the 8th point try they're at 6 points.

-So it's the exact same thing as before Except there's no kicking.

-This is an injury thing not an excitement thing as he is implying.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The extra point change makes no sense.

-The 7th point is essentially automatic already. Goodell said so himself.

-No one is going to go for the extra 8th point unless they need it.

-If they fail the 8th point try they're at 6 points.

-So it's the exact same thing as before Except there's no kicking.

-This is an injury thing not an excitement thing as he is implying.

What would you think of leaving it at 6 points but moving the pat line of scrimmage back some? Maybe a 1 point at the 30 or to make it even more interesting a 2 possible point kick from the 45?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
What would you think of leaving it at 6 points but moving the pat line of scrimmage back some? Maybe a 1 point at the 30 or to make it even more interesting a 2 possible point kick from the 45?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

3 points from the the 50 (line off scrimmage)

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
3 points from the the 50 (line off scrimmage)

My dad used to say he'd like to see 50+ yard field goal = 3 points, 35-49 = 2 points, inside 35=1 point.
Same concept for pat would be pretty interesting.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The points at different ranges would be far more interesting. If you look at PAT plays, there's barely any effort to block them because they're pretty much automatic. Add some distance+pts to the kick and then there's more incentive for teams to really defend the attempt. Definitely would lead to more interesting games due to the new point system and would make close games even more exciting.

I feel what Goodell is proposing will definitely add some new schemes to the game, but probably wouldn't change the game significantly. Unless absolutely needed, I don't see many teams even attempting for 8pts, especially with the risk of losing a point.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One thing to propose another to get the competition committee to go along with it. Seriously I say leave the game as it is. If anything allow for teams to review penalties. There are penalties that get called that could cause a game when it is clear the penalty did not occur.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

I would like that. That's much more interesting.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Narrowing the uprights could be an option also.