Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I know it's early but free agency has started. So do you like the trades that have been made so far?

I know I do. :D 49ers picking up Boldin for a 6th rd draft pick is huge! Now, Charles Woodson is visiting with the niners tomorrow and and there's also talk of Ed Reed.

So what pickups do you like so far?

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
So the Ravens give Flacco $120 mil deal but lose Anquan Boldin to 49ers, Paul Kruger to Browns, and Dannelle Ellerbe to Dolphins. Makes sense... :D

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know it's early but free agency has started. So do you like the trades that have been made so far?

I know I do. :D 49ers picking up Boldin for a 6th rd draft pick is huge! Now, Charles Woodson is visiting with the niners tomorrow and and there's also talk of Ed Reed.

So what pickups do you like so far?

I dont know about charles woodson unless we can get him from a steal. I think we can find some good dbs in the draft. I really hate that we did not resign Dashon Goldson. Though he did get flagged a lot for hits he was that presence across the middle that made players think.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I dont know about charles woodson unless we can get him from a steal. I think we can find some good dbs in the draft. I really hate that we did not resign Dashon Goldson. Though he did get flagged a lot for hits he was that presence across the middle that made players think.

Yeah, I didn't like that we let him go either. We also just lost Delanie Walker and Isaac Sopoaga...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't like that we let him go either. We also just lost Delaney Walker and Sopoaga...

Saw that. But we have a lot of cap room and some draft picks lets see what nuggets we can find in the draft. Problem with free agency is you do not know whether you are going to get the superstar or the dud that made the team let the player go in the first place. By the way great job (sarcasm) vikings letting percy go.

[video=youtube;w05Yknc42uM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w05Yknc42uM[/video]

Percy_Harvin_Trade_Seahawks_Vikings_Russell_Wilson  .jpg

I just hate that he went to Seattle. Just another problem our secondary will have to deal with. The Nfc west is quickly turning in to an arms race especially between Seattle and San Francisco.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
NFC champs will either be SF or Seattle.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I hope so but you can not count out other teams. Many wins and losses in the nfl is if the ball bounces one way or another. The 49er need to work on their secondary. We got torched by seattle twice (first time the seattle seahawks left their hands in the locker room, Atlanta got us early in the air, and baltimore waas throwing up blind bombs that aquan boldin somehow brought down. If we can fix our secondary, get a little more depth at the line position, and change the terminology so the qb is not running to the line trying to check out with 3 seconds left on the play clock we will be fine.

As far was the rest of the NFC I think The Giants will compete and regain the east from Washington. Washington will not get back to the playoffs this year.

In the NFC south Carolina will make a strong push and just barely take the South from New Orleans. New orleans will have enough wins to get in as wild card.

Nfc north the Packers will be back and make a strong run in the playoff. In fact I am saying the Packers are the team to beat in the NFC. My 9ers need to remain the underdog dont want them getting to confident and play sloppy. They need to remain hungry.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
By the way great job (sarcasm) vikings letting percy go.

I'm not upset about letting Harvin go. We did ok without him for a big chunk of last season and a guy who doesn't want to be here could stink up the place. Seattle will probably end up paying him a ton. Time will tell if it's money well spent or if he cries like a diva again! WAAAAAAAAA!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
NFC champs will either be SF or Seattle.

"Go Hawks!" . Russell Wilson

San Fran has a better coaching staff. Pete lost the game in Atlanta for them in the 1st quarter when he said go for it on 4th down, then doubled down on his earlier mistake by trying to freeze the kicker in the 4th. That's not the first and won't be his last bone head because he's a little too emotionally led. Harbaugh is an emotional dude as well but doesn't seem to let it affect his judgement during games like Pete does.
Talent wise they are pretty darn even.
The coaching staff or/and injuries will determine the winner, imo.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I gave Atlanta no love. They still have two stud wrs, and Matty Ice.

5096034708_e7740f5fd3.jpg

My bad Falcon fans didn't mean to disrespect the GA. Here let me make it right.

[video=youtube;Ox3dx7FkfS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox3dx7FkfS0[/video]

rise up

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
^ I also heard that Gonzalez might come back and play this season?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You are correct

Tony Gonzalez not retiring, will rejoin Atlanta Falcons - NFL.com

And Tony is a pro. I read one of his books about his strict diet that helps him remain healthy. If Jamarcus Russell didnt cry every time someone said diet then maybe....oh well that is why he was a bust.

[video=youtube;w5uAIreZht4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5uAIreZht4[/video]
Even if this guy doesn't make it back into the NFL(which I don't think he will) at least he's doing something about his health.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Even if this guy doesn't make it back into the NFL(which I don't think he will) at least he's doing something about his health.

Not trying to kick a horse, but he had the opportunity to be a star. I am not saying he does not deserve credit for trying to turn it around. But lets be honest he still have some of the money that he basically stole from the raiders and people are lining up to watch a circus. The people who work 9-5 and go to the gym and eat right to lose weight with out the camera get my applause. Jamarcus Russell on the other hand is an athlete who threw away the opportunity of a lifetime. If he does lose weight he will probably have a better chance playing in the arena league then being on a roster in the nfl. Byron Leftwich who is in football shape is a career backup. The qb has to athletic now and have a work ethic. If people have to encourage and motivate you to work hard then you do not belong in the nfl. I do hope though he get his life together and maybe he get a chance to be a star in the arena league.