**The Official 2011 NFL Season Thread**

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Blacksantron
My Mom and her side of the family all grew up in East Lansing. Some still living there. Of course, this is just another reason I am the black sheep of the family. I went to Michigan and apparently that was high treason. Always found on the 50 at Spartan Stadium for the match up, since I was around 7. Even then rooting for the Maize and Blue. The section is all alum and major donkrs, who loathe the sight of my exiting the tunnel and climbing up the steps.
They would always make bets with me after I was 10. And usually they would pay up at half and leave the game in disgust. Most thought they had been freed after I left the state for 8 years, unfortunately for them though they thought wrong. I always root for State, otherwise, but that apparently isn't good enough as they hate Michigan 25 7. Literally created an extra hour a day for valuable extra hate time!
Are you related to Megatron?

Reb,
I saw what you wrote, I know it's not popular but I like to read something in its entirety before entering the discussion. My bad! :)
We clearly are members of FAU, Football Addicts Unanonymous, proudly so. I have great respect for those with deep knowledge of the greatest thing since sliced bread. Is sliced bread even all that great? Maybe it's just me?

KJW
Hubris doesn't look good on you.
It may be cliché, but it's cliché for a reason, the Ancient Greeks were pretty darn smart. So I will pay them homage when I say, pride comes before the fall.
Any Given Sunday ain't just a movie title. I look forward to, at the least, 2 fantastic battles!
Good luck.

And again OTB, oops, OTR, can't thank you enough for starting such an important thread. Only thing in life I need that I can't find on DF is food. I will work on correcting that.
:eek:

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Blacksantron
My Mom and her side of the family all grew up in East Lansing. Some still living there. Of course, this is just another reason I am the black sheep of the family. I went to Michigan and apparently that was high treason. Always found on the 50 at Spartan Stadium for the match up, since I was around 7. Even then rooting for the Maize and Blue. The section is all alum and major donkrs, who loathe the sight of my exiting the tunnel and climbing up the steps.
They would always make bets with me after I was 10. And usually they would pay up at half and leave the game in disgust. Most thought they had been freed after I left the state for 8 years, unfortunately for them though they thought wrong. I always root for State, otherwise, but that apparently isn't good enough as they hate Michigan 25 7. Literally created an extra hour a day for valuable extra hate time!
Are you related to Megatron?

I almost have exactly the same story.. I'm from Lansing but I've been a Michigan fan for life...

Makes Thanksgiving rather interesting

I'm not related to megatron but I did perform in a halftime show and stood next to Barry Sanders while I waited to go on. It was in Tampa and all I said was "Barry i'm from Michigan go lions" He said "damn right, kid!"

then security yelled at me for talking to the players... I'll never forget it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how much better Sunday's are when football is involved! I wake up excited for the games and ready to go. Already cleaned the house and got my oil changed before 10am just so I know I won't miss any of the games.

KJW979

Reaction score
Yeah, watching hometown Bills, rooting for my Packers.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

KJW979

Reaction score
Well gotta say Bills at least providing some exciting games this year, Packers 6-0, Lions hanging on.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana: San Francisco 49ers 5-1 :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;WeS3VeluAmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeS3VeluAmg[/video]

Coincidence... maybe or maybe our boy Jim Harbaugh needs to tone it down a notch.

[video=youtube;NrqBDdFn4V0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrqBDdFn4V0[/video]

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wasn't pretty but Brady notches another 4th quarter comeback drive for the win! It's always nice to win a game you should have lost!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah Dallas should have won that one.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Raiders............................................................................................................................................almost lost, wow what a difference a year makes, they were losing the games they're winning this year...Yep, I'm a happy camper!!...:)

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
You might end up just needing to copy and paste this reply for the rest of the season. Redzone Failure will never net a win against the Patriots. At least we're playing the Rams next week, no way we lose to them right? :p

Lmfao

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Mbk the Raiders are sick on defense and McFadden is unreal, but not sure how things will work with Campbell down for at least 6 weeks.

Well the Lions streak couldn't last forever and now they will be forced to address the poor run D. Congrats wicked on the win, well played.

I also thought Schwartz overreacted, until watching the tape. I did my own Madden voiceover, "Boom! Right there! " rewind rinse repeat.

The biggest problem with Harbough's behavior wasn't the over zealous attitude, though we've seen classier, but the slap on the back; Upon further review it looked a lot more like a slap on the back flowing into a pushing out of the way finish, like some Judo move. "Boom! Right there!". IMO Poor execution on Harbaugh's part.

Love Harbough as he is a fellow Wolverine and I grew up watching his awesomeness, but Schwartz is a pretty cool customer as evidenced by his post game press interviews during prior seasons of suckitude. Seen many a coach go off on reporters stupid questions after a loss, but not Schwartz.

Still coming for ya, Pack, objects in the rearview are closer than they appear.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs