**The Official 2011 NFL Season Thread**

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not real in tune with the local sports media in Philly so I don't know what they are saying, if anything at all, but I am going to go out on a limb and say if the Eagles lose their next game to the Skins, Andy Reid will lose his job during the bye week.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm not real in tune with the local sports media in Philly so I don't know what they are saying, if anything at all, but I am going to go out on a limb and say if the Eagles lose their next game to the Skins, Andy Reid will lose his job during the bye week.

I was just waiting for someone to bring that up ... Reid should have been gone long ago. Unfortunately, he just signed a 3 year extension on his contract. So, they would have to buy out his extension. I cannot explain how many expletives I shouted at the TV yesterday at him. Problem is, he is also the GM. So part of the decision of letting him go, is up to him. Unless Jeffrey Lurie overrides it all and just makes an executive decision to dump him. You don't know how many Eagles fans have wanted him to go for so long. They let go of the best players we had, and come up with this 'dream team' which turned into a 'nightmare' team. I'm just gonna stop now I'm getting myself all worked up again ..

KJW979

Reaction score
Chalk another one up for the Pack, was kinda skeptical at first but pulled it out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

torino216

Reaction score
Im a saints fan and we got a scare this past Sunday. Williams needs to get on the ball and get some better defense soon!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
He has been good so far, but no player ever can be put into the "great" category after 5 games. Well unless I played, cause I could but I was so good I didn't want to make everyone else look bad, but that's another story for another day.....

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I can't believe this thread exists and I am only just finding out about it.
Thanks Tender.
I can't even sleep, it's 3am and I am still giddy about what I just watched. Born and raised in Detroit and I never thought I would see anything like this.
Mine eyes have seen the glory
Of the coming of the lord

Star this so you can come back at seasons end, and say "damn, he was right"
The Lions will beat the Pack once, guaranteed. And the second game will be close, possibly a win.

Last season when Detroit beat the tar outta GB and were in AR's face at the snap. He came back to the sidelines at one point and quoted Brody from "Jaws" when he sees the shark for the first time. He turned to MM and said, "We're gonna need a bigger boat!"
They will have to rely on playing the short game, or get another QB to finish the season out.

Tender,
Props on your call about Barry. I bought season tickets to watch him as a teenager, and he was truly amazing. But he would never have lead any team to the Super Bowl.
He was just too inconsistent, great, but inconsistent. Also he couldn't get you a 1st down on a 3rd and 1 if his life depended on it. He really lacked break away speed, always getting caught up to by the secondary before reaching the 10 yard line. Not even decent as a receiver at all, if he was the stats would be mind boggling.
And what I will always hold against him was the way he strung the team along and quit just before seasons start. Thanks buddy, maybe we might have picked up a RB if you were a stand up guy.

Give me a Jim Brown or Erol Campbell any day and twice on Tuesdays over Barry.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Blacksantron

Reaction score
great write up... I'm from Lansing and agree 100% with your thoughts...

If we had an o-line back in those days think how amazing Rodney Peete would have been ;) JK

5-0 people... First time since 1956... Eisenhower saw a better team.

Good to finally see nick fairley out there. Can't run up the middle on the lions now. Hell they had 11 active d-line players.. Swapping out fresh monsters all night. Including Suh.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

TBOLT132

Reaction score
I have the NFL Sunday Ticket app and can watch any game on my phone or iPad its great. But it's expensive I hate paying it but I live in South Carolina and I'm a Redskins fan

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

KJW979

Reaction score
Sorry dances but no way Lions beating the Pack. As a Packers fan can't agree with you. But at this point is reving up to be a hellava game.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I said it earlier in the thread but its worth mentioning again, the Lions defensive line is scary good. I don't care if its Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or Joe Montana back there when a defensive line pressures like they do its tough to win if you're on the other team.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.