The Note 7 Fan Edition Releases July 7th

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
maxresdefault-jpg.77627

Samsung has decided to release 400,000 refurbished Note 7 devices in it's home market for just 699,000 won ($611). That means the Note 7 FE will be priced 40% lower than when it released last year. This is being done in an attempt to minimize environmental impact from having to dispose of 3.5million devices. The phone uses refurbished parts from returned devices and is virtually unchanged with the exception of a smaller 3200mah battery.

Samsung says the FE devices have all passed the new 8-point battery safety check. We currently have no information from Samsung as to whether or not the phone will release in other markets. I have a feeling it won't since it will cannibalize the sales of upcoming Note 8 devices which will be released in just a few short months. Are any of you interested in a safe and cheaper Note 7 device when the expected price of the Note 8 may exceed $1000?

via AndroidCentral

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 4,117

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Even if you could get your hands on them chances are they wont work in US due to the Previous Recall. Note 8 Forecasted Price is a little over the top but then again its around what iPhones go for. Would be nice to see Samsung sell them cheaper than usually or drop the price since they are making a killing on these devices anyway and that would help get these devices in the hands of any Doubters with Fears of the Note 7 Debacle.

JRatliff

Reaction score
I'm still using an original pre-ordered Note 7 without issue in the US on Verizon. They were pushing hard to get them back leading up to the S8 release, Verizon blocked service a few times to get more people to return them but now it's been fine for a while with no outside pestering. I just blocked the Samsung OTA updates from the beginning. Occulus is still blocked though for Gear VR.

I'll probably end up buying the Note 8 (because I'd like to try out Dex) and pass the 7 on to a family member. But I'm discouraged about the small battery if reports are true, and no embedded fingerprint reader yet is a bummer with where they moved it to. My battery does seem to drain faster now being almost a year old. I don't use cases but the much smaller increase in size to fit a bigger internal battery would be worth it to me especially since it's not removable.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I'll never buy the humongous N8, but if they are sold by T-Mobile, i'll trade my S7 Edge for one, in a heartbeat.:p

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
i might consider a note 7 fe if sold in the states and if the price of note 8 is too "outrageous" as someone put it. I doubt it will be sold in the states, people are just too lawsuit happy.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
i might consider a note 7 fe if sold in the states and if the price of note 8 is too "outrageous" as someone put it. I doubt it will be sold in the states, people are just too lawsuit happy.
This sounds like the Damned if you Don't, Damned if you DO! Scenerio. With all the Negative Press and Lawsuits for the Note 7 and how they got rid of it and now People would Sue to get it again. Not sure how that will Fly. Seriously though, How many Overseas Devices only have been on the Market and not in the States. There were never suits for those like the Xiaomi Mi 6, etc...

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
If T-Mobile sells it, i'm getting it. The N8 is just too big.:p

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I wish t=mobile worked in my area. if you have it, you can only use it outside.

T-Mobile gave me a cellspot. It's a 4G booster, and i get 4-5 bars indoors. Outside i get good reception since they added a new cell tower recently.:p

JRatliff

Reaction score
Dex? do you mean Bixby? I promise you Bix is NOT worth it. It won't even work on my uncles s8+ google assistant is much better.
The Samsung Dex desktop computer thing powered by your phone that came out with the S8, I assume it will work with the new Note. It sounded neat when they debuted it but haven't looked into it much yet to see if I should try it, anyone used it yet?

I agree I see no use for Bixby when Google Assistant works well already and ties in with Google home.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Dex? do you mean Bixby? I promise you Bix is NOT worth it. It won't even work on my uncles s8+ google assistant is much better.

thought bixby was an incomplete product for the s8+ and will be updated to the full product sometimes this year. I think that is why it does not work.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
thought bixby was an incomplete product for the s8+ and will be updated to the full product sometimes this year. I think that is why it does not work.
So release an incomplete product with a dedicated button that doesn't work.

Come on Samsung...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
I read the ads about the dex, but I don't understand why we'll need this, even if it will be updated for my s7 edge, I won't buy it.

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
For collectors and stylet lovers: 400 000 of Note 7 devices put on sale, will rapidly increase the scarcity and value of the collectibles.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy note 5 samsung s7

Last edited: