Possible Global Launch For The Galaxy Note FE Later This Month

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I feel the S8 + is a better buy especially with some of the deals I've seen... I know some need the pen but I'm sure some Note 8 deals will come up as well for those patient

Sent using Tapatalk
I do want the pen.

I've yet to see a good deal from Verizon on the S8 for existing customers. I could probably go another year with this 6P, after swapping it out for a refurbished phone or change the battery on my existing.

Still doesn't solve the sPen issue, yeah I liked it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I do want the pen.

I've yet to see a good deal from Verizon on the S8 for existing customers. I could probably go another year with this 6P, after swapping it out for a refurbished phone or change the battery on my existing.

Still doesn't solve the sPen issue, yeah I liked it.

I think you might be right better deals I’ve seen outside of Verizon ...though I did see Bestbuy with some good deals for Verizon and unlocked ...you still need a pen though

Sent using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
5.7" is enormous? I don't think so. Now 6.3", the Note 8, that's enormous.:p

and to think, when the original note was released, most of the tech sites were saying it will never sell because it was too big (5.3) to hold with one hand and fit in pockets. now look at the sizes, even apple copied it and went big.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
These latest Samsung phones feel smaller than some of the older phones with smaller screen sizes .. ... Definitely enjoying the minimal bezels...

Sent using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
F.E .....I don't know but I just keep getting fire edition stuck in my head. But hey Samsung did a bang up job with the S8 to where people moved on from the 7. I'm almost not getting why even bother with the 7 considering the 8 is around the corner.

I mean I know why because they trying to recoup some of the money. But considering the buzz building for the note why distract from that with the 7.

I'm thinking they could release the f.e under the radar under some cheap non contact carrier under a different name. Maybe Galaxy note j (given their j line are their cheaper phones)?

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I can't believe that some people don't realize the sale point of the Note FE. It will be cheaper than when the original Note 7 came out, but it's the size that will be the big seller. The Note 8 is just too flipping big, period.:p

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I can't believe that some people don't realize the sale point of the Note FE. It will be cheaper than when the original Note 7 came out, but it's the size that will be the big seller. The Note 8 is just too flipping big, period.:p

not sure about the note 8 being "too flipping big". from what I read, they are about the same size. maybe the 8 will be a bit longer.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I remember a time when people felt like the nexus 6 was too big.

By the way in looking at that I noticed something....tell me if you can spot it.

Nexus 6 waiting lounge

hint go to post #13

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Note 8=6.3" Note FE=5.7" Big size dif.

you are talking about screen size not the actual body size. when you eliminate the bezels and add a bit to the length, there will not be much difference in body size. In fact, I read somewheres that the body size will be the same.

Last edited:

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
you are talking about screen size not the actual body size. when you eliminate the bezels and add a bit to the length, there will not be much difference in body size. In fact, I read somewheres that the body size will be the same.

If I can put them together, then i'll know. For me, that's the only way.:p

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
If I can put them together, then i'll know. For me, that's the only way.:p

there is a test to see if a larger screen can fit in a body that has a smaller screen - unless you have an edge phone. look at your current phone and imagine that it has a screen with no bezels and no buttons on the bottom with the screen extending over it to the bottom. now measure from the top left corner to the bottom right. You will see that a much larger screen can fit on your phone. that is what samsung is reportedly doing with the note 8. but you are right, until it is actually announced and the specs released, it is all just speculation :)

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
there is a test to see if a larger screen can fit in a body that has a smaller screen - unless you have an edge phone. look at your current phone and imagine that it has a screen with no bezels and no buttons on the bottom with the screen extending over it to the bottom. now measure from the top left corner to the bottom right. You will see that a much larger screen can fit on your phone. that is what samsung is reportedly doing with the note 8. but you are right, until it is actually announced and the specs released, it is all just speculation :)

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge.:p