The Galaxy S8 May Come With A Flat Panel Option After All.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-kills-galaxy-s7-edge-plus-following-fans-backlash-500024-2.jpg

The inherent flaw of early rumors is that you can't always trust them. Even if your source is dead on accurate for the most part. Early on a company may have one vision for a product, do some R&D and then discover they were way off base and shift to a whole new strategy. Also some rumors coming straight from the factory may come from someone who physically saw something that may have been meant for a device coming further in the future. Sometimes rumors are flat our fabrications. This is why we must take "rumors" with a hefty grain of salt as the saying goes.

We heard rumors early on that the Galaxy S8 would come in only curved versions, but it is starting to look like we may have a flat screen version after all. According to the new rumor we will have a flat and a curved version just like with the S6 and S7. Other rumors early on reported that the S8 would come with a 6" curved screen model. If Samsung were ditching the Note 8 that rumor might make sense. We may see a similar design to what we had with the Note 7 and who knows if we will see the bezeless design that many were hoping for. What do you think the display design of the S8 will feature.

via SamMobile

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Please let the curved only rumor be incorrect. My real hope though is that if there is a flat version, that the screen isn't still slightly curved that way my glass screen protector will not have a damn halo!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Please let the curved only rumor be incorrect. My real hope though is that if there is a flat version, that the screen isn't still slightly curved that way my glass screen protector will not have a damn halo!

If you don't mind my asking, which version gave you that problem Jackie? I've been using the Otterbox tempered glass protector on mine. (Knock on wood!)
We also found a really good one for the wife's Note 7. Aside from a faint crackle noise when pressing her home button, (I think the cut out could have been a tiny bit bigger) but otherwise it's worked great on her device the past 2 weeks. We'll see how they both do long term. It took us both 2 & 3 tries respectively, & a lot of research to find one that worked for each device.

S7 Edge tap'n

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The original Zagg glass screen is what I use. There are 3 types of glass screens for the S7. The original Zagg type that is 100% flat and goes completely to the edge of the screen which then leaves a halo, or the curved glass screens that only attach at the top and bottom of the screen which leaves touch sensitivity issues (not to mention the top and bottom parts are black. Doesn't work well with the non-black phone), and then you have the screen that stops just before the slight curve to the screen which then also causes touch issues

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just go Naked CR, fighting the protection wasn't worth it for me.

Sent by my new S7-Edge