The Galaxy S3 Pre-Order Thread

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Awesome because vzw just gave me 100$ off on a two year contract pricing on a device... S3 now, vanquish as soon as it drops :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

socalsx

Reaction score
first time pre-ordering. How does it work? they ship it to you the day its released or do you have the option to pick up in store? thanks!

kiwiguy

Reaction score
Come to daddy!

Just pre-ordered my 32GB Pebble Blue Samsung. Confirmation states the phone will be "shipped by June 6th"!!! - so am foolishly hoping that this might be true and that I will have this new object of desire in my firm embrace in a couple of days!!

The good news is that the new 2 year contract grandfathered in my existing unlimited data plan.

Now the wait begins.....

(order completed at 7:15 am ET to be delivered to New York)

BTW: The Verizon site does not work with the Chrome browser - the "Next" buttons are not displayed!!

Last edited:

npro1464

Reaction score
I just put my pre-order in for a pebble blue 32GB one. Used my brother's upgrade (who's used the same flip phone for centuries now). Spoke to a VZ rep on the phone prior to doing it and she said she didn't know whether or not the grandfathered data would be gone by the time I got the phone and that she couldn't assure that I would get to keep it. However, I ordered it anyway, figuring that if they try to pull that on me I will return it and wait out the rest of my Thunderbolt contract and go somewhere else. I also can't be assured that if I wanted to later transfer my upgrade to get another flip phone for my brother (when my upgrade comes up in Jan) that I would keep unlimited data.

Oh well, this is the new world we live in. I figure I'll see what happens and hope for the best. At least I'll have 14 days to return it if I get it and they try to screw me.

My shipping date was July 9th. I held my friends Fascinate a couple nights ago and couldn't believe how much better the screen was then the TB. I could hardly see a thing on it. I hate this phone. Can't wait!! Good-bye P.O.S. Thunderbolt!! DancingNexus

bgroll

Reaction score
Placed an order through my local Best Buy retailer for a 32g Pebble blue one. My love affair with Moto and Droid phones is over. I LOVED my Droid X, have had mixed feelings with my Bionic. My wife got the Nexus a couple of months ago. I'm actually pretty excited to see what having this phone will be like.

I was a first day adopter for each of the previous two phones and I swore I would wait until the SGS3 had been out for a while before I bought in. You can see how well that worked out!

Gamer113

Reaction score
Placed an order through my local Best Buy retailer for a 32g Pebble blue one. My love affair with Moto and Droid phones is over. I LOVED my Droid X, have had mixed feelings with my Bionic. My wife got the Nexus a couple of months ago. I'm actually pretty excited to see what having this phone will be like.

I was a first day adopter for each of the previous two phones and I swore I would wait until the SGS3 had been out for a while before I bought in. You can see how well that worked out!

i pre-ordered 2 today got early upgrade form Verizon 2 months early. I paid 140 for first phone 100 off for upgrade to 4g Phone #2 i paid 240 for no discount But Verizon gave me a 100 dollar credit on my account so i paid a total of $275 for 2 Galaxy S III. both these phones are 16gb versions.

P.S i am Nervous about this phone, i have been a diehard Motorola fan as well i currently have the Droid -x.
I have 14-days after i receive it to keep it or maybe Razr maxx hd will be out and i can grab that.

Last edited:

droiddict

Reaction score
32 GB White here. I'm wondering how many others held on to their Droid X until this came out. OG Droid --> DroidX --> Galaxy S3

Hope I won't regret leaving Moto

quaffapint

Reaction score
32 GB White here. I'm wondering how many others held on to their Droid X until this came out. OG Droid --> DroidX --> Galaxy S3 Hope I won't regret leaving Moto
LOL - I'm on my DX and was planning to stay on there, but now with unlimited data and the new $$$ plans, I'm thinking of grabbing the S3 while I can.

Smeech

Reaction score
Pre-ordered a 16gb white SIII to replace my Bionic.

I'll sell the Bionic, get my g/f a RAZR Maxx and sell her RAZR... and then I'm set for 2 years... we'll see what VZW is offering in 2 years... I don't need unlimited talk and text...sigh...

woelda3000

Reaction score
Just pre ordered payed fore and im keeping my unlimited plan. My only android experience has been with a Motorola Bionic and a x2 . I hope i enjoy the SG3.