The official "I've pre-ordered the Galaxy S4" thread!

wardo

Reaction score
Does the s4 have the pen like the note2?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
To those who haven't got an email confirmation for their pre-order, have you checked your order status on Verizon Wireless?

You can check it if you have your order# here - https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do

Here's my order info:

rURURQM.png

sonicbuffalo

Reaction score
I pre-ordered mine yesterday and like Wicked, decided on the white one. I guess I'm tired of black phones. I have been through the original Droid, the Thunderbolt, the Bionic, The RAZZR, the Rezound, S3, and now the S4. I'm getting tired of switching phones, so hopefully this one will be the last one for a long good while.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I pre-ordered mine yesterday and like Wicked, decided on the white one. I guess I'm tired of black phones. I have been through the original Droid, the Thunderbolt, the Bionic, The RAZZR, the Rezound, S3, and now the S4. I'm getting tired of switching phones, so hopefully this one will be the last one for a long good while.

Switching phones is half the fun lol

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S4.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force

So solely out of curiosity, if you're tired of switching phones, why upgrade from the S3 to the S4? Why not save that upgrade at least till later this year, when there's a smartphone that takes a leap over the S3 instead of just a step forward? Just thought I'd ask

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I only switch phones every two years or so as my contract allows. This will be my first phone by any manufacturer other than Motorola. Star-tac --> Razr --> Rockr --> Droid --> Bionic. My wife had a Samsung flip phone a long time ago that was nothing but crap. I'm really hoping that Samsung has it's act together build and quality wise now. I'm loving what I see as far as specs go.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
My Droid Bionic's days are now officially numbered. Just pre-ordered the Black Mist S4. Looks like I get to hold onto my unlimited data until it ships too. I was going to wait until after Google I/O, but I determined that even if they announce something at all, I want to take a break from Motorola for a bit. Worst case scenario, if something wows me, I sell off the S4 while it's still hot and bite the bullet off contract, but I doubt that will happen.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I only switch phones every two years or so as my contract allows. This will be my first phone by any manufacturer other than Motorola. Star-tac --> Razr --> Rockr --> Droid --> Bionic. My wife had a Samsung flip phone a long time ago that was nothing but crap. I'm really hoping that Samsung has it's act together build and quality wise now. I'm loving what I see as far as specs go.

Not trying to be rude, just a bit confused. All the phones you listed before came out in the same year? And mainly I was asking since if you want to upgrade for the last time for awhile, it just seems like performance wise the S3/S4 aren't much different. Yeah, yeah, the hardware and screen are better, but the question is how noticeable is it? From what it seems, I feel like the last jump for awhile might be wasted on such a minor upgrade. I hardly noticed a difference between my Rezound and S3. So what is it about the S4 that appeals to you most?

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Not trying to be rude, just a bit confused. All the phones you listed before came out in the same year? And mainly I was asking since if you want to upgrade for the last time for awhile, it just seems like performance wise the S3/S4 aren't much different. Yeah, yeah, the hardware and screen are better, but the question is how noticeable is it? From what it seems, I feel like the last jump for awhile might be wasted on such a minor upgrade. I hardly noticed a difference between my Rezound and S3. So what is it about the S4 that appeals to you most?

Sorry to be confusing; these were the cell phones I've had over the last 12 years or so, I guess. All motorola, but like some other members, I was ready for something new. Mainly the 5" 1080p screen is what appeals most to me. I use Splashtop HD to stream from my PC and am excited to watch "The Big Bang Theory" on my s4. LOL

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be confusing; these were the cell phones I've had over the last 12 years or so, I guess. All motorola, but like some other members, I was ready for something new. Mainly the 5" 1080p screen is what appeals most to me. I use Splashtop HD to stream from my PC and am excited to watch "The Big Bang Theory" on my s4. LOL

I am sad to report that the back-lighting for the S4 has a little better back lighting than the DNA, so it appears a little more "vibrant". Also, the S4 has a little better visibility at an angle.

View attachment 62751 View attachment 62752

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why does the DNA look so much bigger

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why does the DNA look so much bigger

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Not sure why or poils buffet, but you're right, it does. I posted a pic a while back of my S4 and DNA side by side. They look about the same.

Send from my HTC Droid DNA