The Droid Pro is an ugly ugly phone..

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
CIMG0055-1.jpg

This phone is ugly. the screen should have been bigger, theres too much phone bezel, the battery cover is ugly, they should have used a soft touch type of paint. The Main 4 keys above the keyboard should have been physical buttons (I find myself accidently hitting them whether I'm playing a game in landscape mode.

With that being said, I love this phone!! lol. I even told the people at Best Buy when I purchased this phone "I know this phone is ugly, but its practical" Which is true. The keyboard in this form factor makes a whole hell of a difference. I dont like slideout keyboards..its a hassle to slide the keyboard out and the keys are too spaced apart.

I dont know about you guys but I was a big fan of the Treo 755p, Blackberry Curve/Tour, and the Palm Pre. I'm tired of people talking about touchscreens, how touchscreen keyboards are the future which is just bologna. I'd type like a mad man on my Treo and with enough practice, I'll be typing with such a quickness on this phone.

I'm jumping ship from Sprint so, I cant say I'm too happy with the Verizon prices and how I have to pay extra for some of the features I'd get for free on Sprint but all in all I"m happy, also the main reason I got this was since its both gsm/cdma. :icon_ banana:

Oh one more thing, this phone feels a hell of a lot snappier then the HTC Evo which I also used while on Sprint.

BubbaRob

Reaction score
I have to agree with you that it is very snappy and apps load very fast. I came from an original Droid rooted and running at 1ghz and also a Blackberry Tour and this phone smokes them both. Im hoping for some custom ROMs soon. I can't imagine how fast it could be without motoblur running and the bloatware removed.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Thats probably some of my favorite things about this phone, its almost as if they didn't care about looks and just went straight for performance. I mean even the boot time on this phone is waay faster then my Evo. Although I really do miss HTC's Sense UI but I'm really satisfied with this phone. Also, I just installed google voice and I'm loving this phone even more.

spydergirl

Reaction score
Ditto Ditto Ditto !! I don't necessarily think it's ugly, however, I agree that it's not some flashy, attractive piece of equipment. For me it's very practical, functional, and just about perfect. :)

OP
MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Mayne ugly isn't the word im looking for..maybe I meant awkward lol I think its the screen how its narrow and tall compared to blackberrys where their practically square screens. I think that's what throws me off a bit..

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App