Any Blackberry users switch to the Droid Pro?

heyyclifford

Reaction score
I came from a blackberry curve 8320 and to be honest im inlove with the droid pro. Everything about it is amazing. The battery isnt as bad as ppl make it out to be. Speciallly if u have a spare battery in hand. If ur attached to the bbm its okay. whatsapp messenger is a pretty goood substitute for it. Only flaw i must admit is that the emails dont get to you as fast as they do on rims network. But other then that droid pro beats blackberry in every category :)

Sent from my DROID Pro

google123

Reaction score
I started my Android life with a Droid Eris. Great little starter phone but I ended up going back to my Tour 9630. Then I moved back to an OG Droid and ended up back on the Tour. After that I purchased my Droid Pro. I haven't seen my Tour since. I'm thinking about filing a missing phone report with the local police department.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Astaroth

Reaction score
I switched from a BB Tour to a Droid Pro. The BB Tour was old technology the day it came out, there was just nothing better out with a portrait keyboard so it was the default choice. The Droid Pro was basically exactly what I was looking to upgrade to. Now just make a new edition with better battery life, slightly bigger screen, dual core, and dedicated camera button, and it'll be perfect.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I know I'm reviving an old topic, but I was talking to a Verizon rep a few days about about this very thing. I asked him how many Blackberry customers he had that switched. He said a few, but that he had several customers that were die-hard palm treo fans that have switched. I guess that is not too surprising, especially considering that the palm treo is getting old in the world smartphones.

I did have a palm treo pro when I left alltel, it was a pretty decent phone.
I think maybe your Verizon Rep maybe under estimating the number of BB users that have switched to the Pro. This forum, as well as other forums, are full of ex-BB users. Many Pro users got their Pro from Verizon's online store, not from walking into the local Verizon Store, so maybe he doesn't have visibility of those sales.

DroidProokie

Reaction score
I switched from a BB Curve 8320 and my husband came from a BB Storm. The best place to order them is on Amazon. If you are eligible for a new phone, you can buy a Droid Pro for $.01. The process is so simple.

jhumbo

Reaction score
Recently, my brother and a co-worker both switch to Droid Pro because of my droid pro.

My brother came from Palm Treo to Blackberry to Evo. With Evo, he loved Android, but missed his keyboard. He used the Evo for a full year, but the second he saw my Droid Pro, he felt that it should be perfect.

My co-worker is a long time Blackberry user that went to iPhone 4 about 6 months ago. He loves the iPhone, but really doesn't like the lack of hard keyboard. He too felt the Droid Pro should be perfect.