The Droid is truly AMAZING!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOVE Google NAV

thanks for sharing. Nice to hear good news instead of the rants. I am curious however, since CDMA does not do data and voice at the same time, were you able to update your map as you drove and talked? The downloaded map probably is large enough to keep you in range, but I wonder what happens if you drove out of the map's range while talking on the phone. That's the main reason your Pandora app paused/muted; no data stream.

Interesting. If you're correct that the muting is a result of CDMA limitations, I'd say that qualifies for the "That ain't a bug, it's a feature" award. One of the most annoying features of the "Never Lost" GPS in Hertz rental cars (which I've used for years) is that you have to forego the radio when using the GPS simply because it's impossible to hear the "lady" give directions when the music is playing.

BTW, one of the unanticipated savings I've experienced with the DROID is that I can skip the $13 a day Hertz charges me when I rent a car on a business trip to SoCal (and other unfamiliar locales) for their GPS. That averages about $25 a month; never enough to justify purchasing my own GPS but a pita, nonetheless.

General_Lee86

Reaction score
Thats cool and another reason I am Definitely getting a droid! Thats for sure!

You mean you do not have a Droid yet? Get your a$$ up and join the revolution!:icon_ banana:
Don't worry Mine is on the way and can't wait for it hopefully I'll have it Monday cause it just shipped and I ordered it yesterday through Verizon Wireless online site. I'll tell ya I've never been this excited about a cell phone!

Erich_F

Reaction score
I drove from Tampa to Indianapolis for work a couple weeks ago. The only place I lost 3G service on the whole route was on I-65 in the middle of Kentucky. That one dead spot was about 20 miles long. Otherwise, I had 3G during the entire trip, to include while at work on Camp Atterbury near Columbus, IN.