The Droid has been Rooted!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Motorola-droid-rooted.jpg

Before the Motorola Droid was released, discussions of rooting it were already in progress. 5 short weeks later and now it has been done! Zinx Verituse will be a name that goes down in history as the first to finally root the Droid. For more information, checkout our Droid Root discussion here: Droid Finally Rooted

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about, please take a look at the Droid Root FAQ and Warnings posted by Phamous: Droid Root FAQ

B

brandan003

im not asking what it means to root..

but im asking what are we goin to do nexT?
now that we have rooted the droid?

D

DroidMastar

This is great but, umm, yeah it took 5 long weeks. You might want to argue this but despite any argument, as was stated, talks of rooting the Droid had arose before it even hit the stores. Why did it take so long? I mean I know it was not the easiest thing to do but it just amaze me that there weren't a group of people sitting there with like 5 droids and 5 computers, trying to figure out a way to root it ASAP.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is great but, umm, yeah it took 5 long weeks. You might want to argue this but despite any argument, as was stated, talks of rooting the Droid had arose before it even hit the stores. Why did it take so long? I mean I know it was not the easiest thing to do but it just amaze me that there weren't a group of people sitting there with like 5 droids and 5 computers, trying to figure out a way to root it ASAP.

Didn't it take 3 months for the first iphone to be rooted? The reasons though, is because the SDK came out only 2 weeks prior to the actual unit. Certain things may also run differently on the emulator then the actual unit. In my opinion this came out pretty quick.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
This is great...now I need to know what we can do now that it's rooted... ;)

hackthedroid

Reaction score
I will never understand people who complain about why it took so long to figure something out with a phone. What is with the strong sense of entitlement?

Don't like the speed the root happened at? Figure it out yourself then.

P3Droid

Reaction score

These are the sort of comments that seem to be baseless and clutter the interweb these days.

What was your contribution to this? I find this astounding considering that it took only 5 weeks. I am going to take your post as someone who needed som attention today. I only ask that now that you have received your attention can we focus on the positive. "It took only 5 short weeks".

I have updated and rooted my droid. I used a combo file that can be downloaded directly to the phone and then you need to do the recovery console. This file updates and roots the phone at the same time.

update.zip