The Data drop out was at an all time worst today

dressagerider

Reaction score
Why aren't iPhone users experiencing these drop data issues? Or any non Device? If it were a network thing, then I would think we all would be experiencing data loss.

Just sayin

They do! My husband has an iPhone 4 and has also had data issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Why don't you take a look at the regular thread of people complaining about data issues and compare that to the number of people in your little thread. Its way more people having data issues.
It's a very safe bet that they have combed through these forums and definitely tried something as simple as that roaming setting.

Just compare the sheer numbers of people in the complaining thread vs your roaming thread. It's likely that only the people that it worked are posting in yours and a lot more have tried and haven't had it work and just haven't wasted their time and said oh didn't work...

Whoa dude, chill man. In fact, since I enabled roaming I ALSO haven't lost any data. Now I'm not contributing it entirely to that, especially since it rarely happened in the first place, but I haven't noticed it drop all week since I enabled it Sunday. In fact, if YOU look through other "regular" threads, you'll see this has been mentioned as a possible fix several times. I can't recall nor could I find anyone who specifically said it DIDN'T work for them, so maybe if someone reads this they'll chime in. Again, not saying it does, merely an observation. So not sure where you're getting your "majority" statistic since nobody has really said "I tried it and it didn't work," but I do think you need to lay off the guy a bit. And I don't really see how saying a potential fix doesn't work is a waste of time, especially while others claim it does...

Reaction score
I'll say it. I enabled the setting this week, and it did not work. My phone works great at home in strong 4g land, but get it in a sketchy area, and its horrible. I've tried 3g only as well, and data just drops then. Ive tried every setting in the phone there is related to data, and none of them fix the issue. So, here I am, saying I tried the setting and it doesnt work.

When I go to my second office I just turn data off, and turn it on every hour or so to check email. If I dont, the phone heats up and kills the battery while its doing all of its "data dropping".

Hopefully the OTA will work when it comes out, or I am going to raise hell, because it does not work at my other office, and thats where I need data the most since there is not a wifi connection. I am going to demand a new phone at that point. And if they dont give it to me, I will live with it I guess but I am going to try....

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
This is weird because I was having problems with data loss until they flipped the switch on 4g. Now my phone has been perfect for a month. Doesn't that say its more problems with areas and towers versus the bionic?

That's exactly what the nice lady at the Verizon store said, "It's not the phone, it's 4G."

portermac

Reaction score
Well it makes since. Getting 4g should not have fixed my issue with loss data if it was the phone.

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
I am in a relatively large city (Boston) and have been experiencing these data drops more frequently the last two weeks. WTF?! I am generally a "wait till the official update/version comes out" type of guy, but this makes me want to manually update (assuming that it fixes it. Frustrating...

TatDroid

Reaction score
Also in Boston area and have also noticed increased drops in last few weeks.

OP
J

jspencer67

Reaction score
I am in a relatively large city (Boston) and have been experiencing these data drops more frequently the last two weeks. WTF?! I am generally a "wait till the official update/version comes out" type of guy, but this makes me want to manually update (assuming that it fixes it. Frustrating...

I did the update......still dropping data all the time.

I think it is hit or miss whether it fixes it or not

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I did the update......still dropping data all the time.

I think it is hit or miss whether it fixes it or not

The issue could be a hybrid problem caused by both network and device.

stevo95

Reaction score
This is weird because I was having problems with data loss until they flipped the switch on 4g. Now my phone has been perfect for a month. Doesn't that say its more problems with areas and towers versus the bionic?

The issue is that the phone will not flip between 3G and 4G properly and when you lose connection, it doesn't always come back without some kind of manual intervention. my OG Droid never ever did that.

stevo95

Reaction score
Since doing the update, my data is a bit better, definitely not fully fixed. GPS is way better but also not fully fixed (occasionally need to turn it on/off to get it to work but normally not).

Roaming did not work at all for me.

portermac

Reaction score
The issue is that the phone will not flip between 3G and 4G properly and when you lose connection, it doesn't always come back without some kind of manual intervention. my OG Droid never ever did that.

I still go in and out from 4g to 3g in some areas it just doesn't give me problems anymore since I started getting 4g.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Suggestion :
I surely hope everyone on this forum who is having issues with their Bionics has opened a ticket with their carrier. Keep it open until issues are resolved, otherwise you will have little recourse.

The most pressing issues I am having are network drop-offs and random power downs. I like many use my phone for work, so this is very disruptive. I talked with an attorney friend who works in the communications industry, he is the one who suggested that I open the ticket. He made some very good points, most important, having historical data & the fact that lots of tickets typically light a fire under a vendor as they know that non-response can be used in litigation.

With that said, I must say that Verizon has stepped up their level of communication since opening my ticket. If you happen to be somewhat technical, they seem to push you up the food chain and will not subject you to some of the knuckle-headed fixes to keep you at bay. I told them I will do anything they suggest just make sure it is noted in the ticket. They know there are issues and are pushing hard on Motorola.

So far, I am okay with the level of response and the frequency of communication, but i did make it clear that in the very near future, I will expect a replacement with no hassles. I believe they will do what is right... Stay tuned

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Suggestion :
I surely hope everyone on this forum who is having issues with their Bionics has opened a ticket with their carrier. Keep it open until issues are resolved, otherwise you will have little recourse.

The most pressing issues I am having are network drop-offs and random power downs. I like many use my phone for work, so this is very disruptive. I talked with an attorney friend who works in the communications industry, he is the one who suggested that I open the ticket. He made some very good points, most important, having historical data & the fact that lots of tickets typically light a fire under a vendor as they know that non-response can be used in litigation.

With that said, I must say that Verizon has stepped up their level of communication since opening my ticket. If you happen to be somewhat technical, they seem to push you up the food chain and will not subject you to some of the knuckle-headed fixes to keep you at bay. I told them I will do anything they suggest just make sure it is noted in the ticket. They know there are issues and are pushing hard on Motorola.

So far, I am okay with the level of response and the frequency of communication, but i did make it clear that in the very near future, I will expect a replacement with no hassles. I believe they will do what is right... Stay tuned

So by "ticket" do you mean log and official complaint? or is "ticket" more specific, VZ language.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
So by "ticket" do you mean log and official complaint? or is "ticket" more specific, VZ language.

Call you carrier, in my case Verizon, insist that they open a trouble ticket that states your problems(s). Make it clear you do not want the ticket close till the problem(s) are resolved. Make sure you get the ticket number. I'll be chatting with them again tomorrow as my phone powered down twice this weekend. Hope that helps.