[ROM] The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

havens1515

Reaction score
I think I'm running PhantomGamer's latest build right now. (It's been so long since I flashed it, I'm not sure of the date on it lol.) I'm pretty sure all of the bugs are worked out of this one. Camera works 100%, and I haven't noticed any other bugs, except that the alt-lock key and voice search key fixes haven't been merged yet, so they don't work yet.

Also, I'm running 13thAngel's CM9 on Boot Manager, and there's few problems with that even. Camera doesn't work at all right now, Bluetooth audio is choppy during phone calls, and battery life is very iffy, but other than that it's pretty solid.

Most of the action is over at Rootzwiki though. DF has been pretty dead for a while now. :-/

missionman

Reaction score
notice any issues yet?

I think I'm running PhantomGamer's latest build right now. (It's been so long since I flashed it, I'm not sure of the date on it lol.) I'm pretty sure all of the bugs are worked out of this one. Camera works 100%, and I haven't noticed any other bugs, except that the alt-lock key and voice search key fixes haven't been merged yet, so they don't work yet. Also, I'm running 13thAngel's CM9 on Boot Manager, and there's few problems with that even. Camera doesn't work at all right now, Bluetooth audio is choppy during phone calls, and battery life is very iffy, but other than that it's pretty solid. Most of the action is over at Rootzwiki though. DF has been pretty dead for a while now. :-/
oh cool :) ok i just flashed the newest ROM over there named "phantomgamers_cm7d2-gb_02-14-12.zip". Day 2 and so far I seem to get this issue where lock-screen sometimes goes dead. unresponsive to touch & sliding to unlock. A hard reboot didnt even work (one time outa the couple times it did this). Once I had to take out the battery. It doesnt happen a lot, just randomly. Quite annoying though I might add..crappy thing is, only ONE guy in that entire forum over there reported this issue! UGH.. About 1 out of 12 will experience this it looks like LOL ill try Spitemare's ROM after I toy around with some of the Phantomgamers releases

havens1515

Reaction score
oh cool :) ok i just flashed the newest ROM over there named "phantomgamers_cm7d2-gb_02-14-12.zip". Day 2 and so far I seem to get this issue where lock-screen sometimes goes dead. unresponsive to touch & sliding to unlock. A hard reboot didnt even work (one time outa the couple times it did this). Once I had to take out the battery. It doesnt happen a lot, just randomly. Quite annoying though I might add..crappy thing is, only ONE guy in that entire forum over there reported this issue! UGH.. About 1 out of 12 will experience this it looks like LOL ill try Spitemare's ROM after I toy around with some of the Phantomgamers releases

Here's all the builds I have. Again, no idea which one I'm running currently.

Dropbox :: Folder listing :: CM7-D2 Builds

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone remind me how to flash or even get recovery to work once I'm there in MIUI? Ics? Lol been on my phone for a while... wanted to wipe data. When i hit the down volume key at blue light, it will go to recovery but nothing works..lol any ideas? Been a while with the d2...

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
What MIUI are you on? Its volume down on the blue light.

If its an older one you can also use terminal and type

su
cat.jpg

Then use ROM Manager to boot into Recovery. If its a new version (like this month) recovery hijack is fixed so you don't use cat.jpg. Just use ROM Manager.

X

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
What MIUI are you on? Its volume down on the blue light.

If its an older one you can also use terminal and type

su
cat.jpg

Then use ROM Manager to boot into Recovery. If its a new version (like this month) recovery hijack is fixed so you don't use cat.jpg. Just use ROM Manager.

X

I did the blue light.. but no matter what I do, it just shows the icon and no script of any kind ie. Completely blank as the recovery is not the correct one. I used all the options of recoveries too..lol its all good I gave it to a friend at work. I told him if he has any issues with MIUI to bring it to me and I will SBF it to froyo then he can get it turned on then update to gingy..thanks fellas!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did the blue light.. but no matter what I do, it just shows the icon and no script of any kind ie. Completely blank as the recovery is not the correct one. I used all the options of recoveries too..lol its all good I gave it to a friend at work. I told him if he has any issues with MIUI to bring it to me and I will SBF it to froyo then he can get it turned on then update to gingy..thanks fellas!

By the way... I've been slamming the roms on the Razr... lol sweet! Nice to have safestrap. If its available on the d2 I would keep it loaded up prior to flashing if you like to keep a previous ROM or daily driver and a playtime or flash daily ROM..lol

Knowpig

Reaction score
I read it to still be based on the froyo kernel. I did not flash it for that reason. I am happily running Phantomgamers 2/14 build. It's gb base and runs very well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

havens1515

Reaction score
I read it to still be based on the froyo kernel. I did not flash it for that reason. I am happily running Phantomgamers 2/14 build. It's gb base and runs very well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

It's definitely on the GB kernel. I'm running it right now. As far as comparison, they're about the same. I seem to be getting better battery life on the RC, and there are no sticky settings, which started happening in some of the later builds from Phantom and Nis. So there are some benefits to the RC, but there doesn't seem to be any new features or anything.

Mike253

Reaction score
Hmm, has anyone noticed that download links arent working? I cant get them to work. says page not found. Yes the droid 2 is outdated but im getting one soon and id like too switch over that and have the same cm7 as i have on my DX2. Anyone have a zip?

joeblow789

Reaction score
Hmm, has anyone noticed that download links arent working? I cant get them to work. says page not found. Yes the droid 2 is outdated but im getting one soon and id like too switch over that and have the same cm7 as i have on my DX2. Anyone have a zip?
Yes, the OP has not been updated for quite a while. I'm sure there's fresher links towards the end of this thread, and the Rootz thread gets a bit more traffic. Anyway, here's some links. I personally recommend Nis' builds as he adds in a few things beyond the official CM7. Nis is due for a refresh, but you're still not missing anything crucial vs official.

Mike253

Reaction score
Yes, the OP has not been updated for quite a while. I'm sure there's fresher links towards the end of this thread, and the Rootz thread gets a bit more traffic. Anyway, here's some links. I personally recommend Nis' builds as he adds in a few things beyond the official CM7. Nis is due for a refresh, but you're still not missing anything crucial vs official.

Thats pretty crazy, thank you. I thought support for the Droid 2 was cut off completely since we have the Droid 4 out now.