[ROM] The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

Plesk

Reaction score

Plesk

Reaction score
Hmmm, that's weird. That second link should have Phantom's builds.

Here's a link to his latest build (From my dropbox)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4658512/PG_cm7d2-gb_02-14-12.zip

Thx! I got it.

Weird what's happening with Phantom's site. Hopefully it's back soon or we'll need to find a new place to host the builds.

I was desperate last night so I found a build on ClockwordMod's site (CM4D2-GB-20110926.zip) from RevNumbers. That one is working OK for now. It's my girlfriend's phone. I'll update it again this week sometime.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
By guys just stopping by to see that happy haps. Been running the CM9 so haven't checked in here much. I'll be moving along tomorrow my Bionic is being delivered, but I'm sure I'll see you all around.

Sent from my Droid2 using Tapatalk

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
By guys just stopping by to see that happy haps. Been running the CM9 so haven't checked in here much. I'll be moving along tomorrow my Bionic is being delivered, but I'm sure I'll see you all around.

Sent from my Droid2 using Tapatalk

Hello bro! Been busy moving.. haven't touched my phone much but wanted to check on everyone and the latest Roms ...lol Peace!

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

havens1515

Reaction score
Hello bro! Been busy moving.. haven't touched my phone much but wanted to check on everyone and the latest Roms ...lol Peace!

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

CM9 is running nice! I've only been running it via ROM Manager, with CM7 as my phone ROM, but it's pretty stable! Only thing that fully doesn't work is the camera. Some people were having problems with Bluetooth phone calls, but other Bluetooth audio is fine. (At least from what I hear, I don't use Bluetooth.) With the latest build I haven't gotten any random reboots or lockups, but the touch screen did stop working once. An alt-shift-del reboot fixed that though.

NickZee10

Reaction score
I noticed the link on RootzWiki, the latest build is still 2011-10-19, and the nightlies page is for Froyo only. Is this ROM no longer being supported? Forgive me if this is stated elsewhere.

Plesk

Reaction score
I noticed the link on RootzWiki, the latest build is still 2011-10-19, and the nightlies page is for Froyo only. Is this ROM no longer being supported? Forgive me if this is stated elsewhere.

That particular ROM thread by RevNumbers appears to be done. However, the CM7 Gingerbread build for the D2 is alive.. it's a KANG.. I'm not really sure what that means, but here's the link to the latest builds.. the newest is 2-14-2012: Index of /downloads/cm7gb/d2. As far as who is supporting it, I don't quite understand.. I got the link from the Sig of somebody here named "PhantomGamers", but don't know anything else.

Last edited:

NickZee10

Reaction score
That particular ROM thread by RevNumbers appears to be done. However, the CM7 Gingerbread build for the D2 is alive.. it's a KANG.. I'm not really sure what that means, but here's the link to the latest builds.. the newest is 2-14-2012: Index of /downloads/cm7gb/d2. As far as who is supporting it, I don't quite understand.. I got the link from the Sig of somebody here named "PhantomGamers", but don't know anything else.

Interesting, thanks. I'll check it out.

joeblow789

Reaction score

Those are PhantomGamers' builds. Nis (Spitemare) is also making fairly regular builds. The RevNumbers GB thread on rootzwiki is very much alive, you just have to keep current as none of the active devs can update the OP. If you run Nis' latest & install the GooManager app, it can check for updates. Be aware, though, that Nis includes some governors like Smartass, which may cause bootloops if you install the wrong Jakebitesmod- so read up.

Oh, and a Kang is basically publicly releasing someone else's work. It's bad form if you try to pass it off as your own, but acceptable/encouraged if you have permission & give credit.

havens1515

Reaction score

missionman

Reaction score
Cyanogenmod 7 ROM UPDATES / camera zoom fixed, etc..

Havens1515 - jus wanted to say thanks again for all the help you gave me about 200 clicks back in the thread LOL. And not to hi-jack the current topic, but I just flashed my Droid 2 back to Froyo 2.2 (RSD Lite) (like before), then i updated OTA (instead of flashing) back to GB 2.3.3 (Verizon).

...so i wanted to know if you knew anything about the "phantomgamers CM7 D2 GB ROM's" out there. I was using this threads CM7 GB and it worked great except for the camera issue and some USB connection issues :frown: After installing a new Droid 2 R2D2 housing kit on my device I wanted to try out a new ROM since I know there are updated fixes on the CM7..

The ROMs are found here: Index of /downloads/cm7gb/d2 (Current CM7 ROM: "phantomgamers_cm7d2-gb_02-14-12.zip")
I want to flash the current ROM. I read in a forum (here) that the newest ROM dated "02-14-12" fixed the camera issues and some other stuff.

My question is, can I just flash this ROM using stock flash from here like the CM7 in this thread? cus Im sure these ROM's are based on the same GB CM7 as this threads.. Im only asking cus RootzWiki dont really post full directions, proly cus its obvious :blink: (& I guess they're working on "CM9 ICS" for D2 now) but Im guessing its the same procedure as this threads..? Thanks bud!

NOTE: the ROM mentioned here dated "02-14-12" fixes battery drain issues, camera/video zoom is fixed, smoother texture flows, smoother scrolling, Fix display freeze happening when changing device orientation while screen is off, freeze issues addressed, widget issues fixed, other minor issues addressed..
Some Infrequent but Known Issues: Bootloop issues reported with all current or previous versions JBM v19 (always SBF to stock first), installing jakesbite 19d and/or smartassv2 can possibly cause Red M. Bootlooping, issues with adjusting screen brightness have been reported but not likely, bootloops reported on builds with symsearch, cpufreq_conservative and cpufreq_smartassv2, possible connecting to wifi issues but not likely with most..

OTHER HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ROMS reported as being trouble free CM7's - Spitemare Releases:
http://goo-inside.me/devs/Spitemare/gb or use GooManager to get em! One calls this current ROM a possible "release candidate" for Droid 2! (Ill be using these ROM's next)

Last edited:

Knowpig

Reaction score
As long as you are on the gb ota, you are good.
Clear data, cache, dalvik.
Then put her in.
Phantom's builds are awesome. I also run his build.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

missionman

Reaction score
As long as you are on the gb ota, you are good.
Clear data, cache, dalvik.
Then put her in.
Phantom's builds are awesome. I also run his build.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Awesome! Yea im reading great reviews about Phantomgamers ROM's where they are addressing all issues almost in real time. And that brought me to Spitemare..im reading they are releasing CM7 builds that are flawless, even more-so than Phantomgamers..however both are hard working and seem to be constantly discussing fixes and applying them to their ROM releases...sometimes releasing like 4-5 ROM's a month! Might be wrong but Cyanogenmod doesnt even seem to care about the Droid 2, while others are hard at work on it and Phantomgamers is now working on an Ice Cream Sandwich 9 for Droid 2!!! insane!!!
They are working everyday on it according to the threads of busy bee developers in action :happy3: Soon this thread here will be outdated :frown: sad, considering I learned everything about Droid 2 on here..