[ROM] The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's weird since the Boot Menu from MIUI is the same as firstEncounter's and I have flashed back and forth from firstEncounter to CM7. Might be a D2 thing IDK

X

havens1515

Reaction score
That's weird since the Boot Menu from MIUI is the same as firstEncounter's and I have flashed back and forth from firstEncounter to CM7. Might be a D2 thing IDK

X

idk, it could be something else causing it too, right now the boot menu is our best guess. People tried coming from MIUI and Encounter ICS to CM7, Apex, and Rubix, and each install failed. Ldopa, if you want to try to flash something else, it might give us more data as to what the issue is.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

joeblow789

Reaction score
You guys may want to check this out. Looks pretty cool. (The developer's English is pretty bad, but you can still understand what he's trying to say.)

[MOD] AROMA Installer :: 120202-010 :: Open Source - xda-developers
So, maybe I read too fast, or maybe I'm just too embarrassed to ask this over there, but:
  1. How do you install his installer? Do you flash his zip via recovery & then it intercepts future ROM installs?
  2. Is it compatible with 2nd init devices like the D2?

on4now4

Reaction score
Check out the development thread here:

[DEV_THREAD]Droid 2 CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel - RootzWiki

I linked to the first page, but if you go to the last page, and click on phantomGamer's link in his signature, you can find the latest builds there. I think the latest right now is 2-1. Someone (Nis aka spitemare I think) made a 2-2 build too, so that link is probably on the last 2-3 pages of that thread.

Thanks man, That did the trick.

havens1515

Reaction score
So, maybe I read too fast, or maybe I'm just too embarrassed to ask this over there, but:
  1. How do you install his installer? Do you flash his zip via recovery & then it intercepts future ROM installs?
  2. Is it compatible with 2nd init devices like the D2?

I don't know the answer to either of those questions to tell you the truth. I didn't read it all, I just read what it was all about and figured it was something interesting that you guys may want to look into. I may read into it a little more tonight when I get home from work, but I've also got a lot of stuff to do in preparation for my superbowl/birthday party this weekend ;-)

joeblow789

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to either of those questions to tell you the truth. I didn't read it all, I just read what it was all about and figured it was something interesting that you guys may want to look into. I may read into it a little more tonight when I get home from work, but I've also got a lot of stuff to do in preparation for my superbowl/birthday party this weekend ;-)
Great, just freakin' great. Now I've gotta expose my incompetence to even more people. ;) Anyway, sounds like you'll have a Super Bday!

havens1515

Reaction score
My bday is on Superbowl sun as well!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Well my b-day is actually the day after the superbowl this year, but I always throw a combined party.

Thanks everyone for the b-day wishes. Had a great time this weekend, and I took Monday off to recover (even though it turns out I don't really need it this year.) I'm glad to be part of such a great community with such awesome people!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Work and class the day after the Superbowl is just a sin lol. I had to write a speech that was due tomorrow. I procrastinated until after the post game show haha

X