[ROM] The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

joeblow789

Reaction score
SaurusX in this DX thread posted a flashable FM Radio zip that works on the D2 as well! It only delivers audio to the right ear, and the Loudspeaker toggle doesn't work, but I think that's always been the case for similar D2 radio hacks. (Bonus points to anyone smart enough to get those two items working. ;) ) And yes, this is real 19th century Tesla vs Marconi over-the-airwaves FM Radio magic, and therefore requires a corded headset as an antenna.

DX_CM7_FM_Fix_FINAL.zip
MD5: 2d8952d5001ca0c55be8954d508cc76d

VirtualCLD

Reaction score
Stupid newbie question, but if and when this commit goes through, does that mean the "regular" CM7 nightly builds (i.e. CM7_Build_1xx) will be Gingerbread based?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately its $600 and comes with no warranty whatsoever.

X

Oh that's okay. I doubt I would brick it. But you never know. I would use it for a variety of things. This is good news though. Its a start...lol

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

havens1515

Reaction score
Oh that's okay. I doubt I would brick it. But you never know. I would use it for a variety of things. This is good news though. Its a start...lol

The problem is less of what you do with it, and more of what they send you. As stated in an article somewhere, if you receive a DOA phone you have no warranty, and therefore are out $600.

I agree, it's a start. But they promised unlockable bootloaders on current and future phones. NOT a developer edition phone with an unlockable bootloader and no warranty. Plus it's only in Europe. And although their blog post said they plan future things for the US, I don't believe it until I see it. #OPMOSH2

#OPMOSH2 - "Developer's Edition" - xda-developers

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I mainly meant hardware warranty. I have had to use the warranty on every phone I have had. My Droid X had some major hardware issues and my second one has been pretty decent.

X

mjs1015

Reaction score
http://www.sundergaming.com/downloads/cm7gb/d2/phantomgamers_cm7d2-gb_02-01-12.zip

New build with 1% battery!

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problem is less of what you do with it, and more of what they send you. As stated in an article somewhere, if you receive a DOA phone you have no warranty, and therefore are out $600.

I agree, it's a start. But they promised unlockable bootloaders on current and future phones. NOT a developer edition phone with an unlockable bootloader and no warranty. Plus it's only in Europe. And although their blog post said they plan future things for the US, I don't believe it until I see it. #OPMOSH2

#OPMOSH2 - "Developer's Edition" - xda-developers

Havens I agree. After more thought on it I'm a bit upset with them. The whole picture as it stands now really seems to be a throwing of a bone. To us wanting a fair meal...lol

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
2/1 build is running smooth.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

So..let me get this right... if flashing from MIUI ics I must reboot to recovery via hitting menu button or volume down? Then I will be able to flash like any other? I forgot...lol

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Vol down when you see the blue led to get to boot menu.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
So..let me get this right... if flashing from MIUI ics I must reboot to recovery via hitting menu button or volume down? Then I will be able to flash like any other? I forgot...lol

I haven't been able to get the new cm7 build to flash from recovery. I keep getting a status 7 error.

Tapatalked from an MIUI'd D2

on4now4

Reaction score
Where can I download this rom? Now that megaupload is gone it appears all the download links are gone...

havens1515

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get the new cm7 build to flash from recovery. I keep getting a status 7 error.

Tapatalked from an MIUI'd D2

It seems like the MIUI boot menu is causing issues with flashing ROMs. People in the dev thread on rootz were saying that no matter what they flashed from MIUI, it failed. You may need to sbf in order to flash any other ROM. :(

Where can I download this rom? Now that megaupload is gone it appears all the download links are gone...

Check out the development thread here:

[DEV_THREAD]Droid 2 CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel - RootzWiki

I linked to the first page, but if you go to the last page, and click on phantomGamer's link in his signature, you can find the latest builds there. I think the latest right now is 2-1. Someone (Nis aka spitemare I think) made a 2-2 build too, so that link is probably on the last 2-3 pages of that thread.