[ROM] The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

rystan11

Reaction score
I have been on a miui binge and lving it, but feeling the need for cm7 lovin'. cm7's battery life any better with this 1_21 release? I also saw a 1_25 release as well. Jakebites still work with cm7?

havens1515

Reaction score
Battery life isn't terrible, but it's not great. I usually get 12 hours or so, but I've also had pretty high usage for quite a while, so 12 hours isn't bad for my usage. And yes, Jake's mods work.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's been running super nice for me since it was released a couple days ago. Highly recommend it!

There he is! No intro needed...eh Hum...What's up ldopa? Been asking around about you! Lol nice to see you still kicking. Of course I knew you weren't astray. Maybe in another forum. Anyway I'm getting ready to break out the D2. The lovely fast favorite. So anything I should know prior to flashing this badboy ROM in topic?

Motorola Droid Razr...
Droid2Drummer..@themomentzero

havens1515

Reaction score
There he is! No intro needed...eh Hum...What's up ldopa? Been asking around about you! Lol nice to see you still kicking. Of course I knew you weren't astray. Maybe in another forum. Anyway I'm getting ready to break out the D2. The lovely fast favorite. So anything I should know prior to flashing this badboy ROM in topic?

Motorola Droid Razr...

It's working nice. The only issues are with the camera/camcorder. If you let the screen time-out, it will force close when you unlock the phone, and on-screen zoom still doesn't work but you can use the volume buttons to zoom just fine. Nothing big, just some small issues. Also, alt-lock and the search button on the hard keyboard have been fixed, but idk if any of the builds have those quite yet.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's working nice. The only issues are with the camera/camcorder. If you let the screen time-out, it will force close when you unlock the phone, and on-screen zoom still doesn't work but you can use the volume buttons to zoom just fine. Nothing big, just some small issues. Also, alt-lock and the search button on the hard keyboard have been fixed, but idk if any of the builds have those quite yet.

Sweet! Ty

Motorola Droid Razr...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Havens I thought you were on the Razr? Lol

Motorola Droid Razr...

havens1515

Reaction score

Motorola Droid Razr...

Don't know how I missed this post last time I looked here. But no, I'm not on the Razr, still got my D2. Upgrade is in May, I'm hoping there's a Tegra 3 phone out by then.

I checked out that camera fix zip, it seems to have worked. On-screen zoom works, and screen timing out doesn't FC the camera anymore. Haven't found any other issues yet.
Once the commits for alt-lock and voice comand buttons go through, I think we're finally 100% working.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Don't know how I missed this post last time I looked here. But no, I'm not on the Razr, still got my D2. Upgrade is in May, I'm hoping there's a Tegra 3 phone out by then.

I checked out that camera fix zip, it seems to have worked. On-screen zoom works, and screen timing out doesn't FC the camera anymore. Haven't found any other issues yet.
Once the commits for alt-lock and voice comand buttons go through, I think we're finally 100% working.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I may have to give good ol' CM7 another go. Looks like a lot of progress since I rolled to MIUI 2.x

Tapatalked from an MIUI'd D2

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score

Motorola Droid Razr...

D2D how do you fancy your RAZR now? I have an upgrade come April... I'm thinking NEXUS, RAZR MAXX, or DROID 4. But the price on the RAZR is coming down to reasonable with the MAXX being released.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
D2D how do you fancy your RAZR now? I have an upgrade come April... I'm thinking NEXUS, RAZR MAXX, or DROID 4. But the price on the RAZR is coming down to reasonable with the MAXX being released.

Let me just say this. I know you guys well enough I hope to say this. The maxx isn't all its made out to be. If you need to travel or can't go anywhere near a plug for a while its crazy to pay for a phone that is fatter and modified from its original testing to suit a bigger battery. Mine lasts all day and its stock. So far. I use it at work just like the D2 and come home to 80%. Its fine and all for someone that wants more life I guess but put them in front of me and ill take the og Razr...

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let me just say this. I know you guys well enough I hope to say this. The maxx isn't all its made out to be. If you need to travel or can't go anywhere near a plug for a while its crazy to pay for a phone that is fatter and modified from its original testing to suit a bigger battery. Mine lasts all day and its stock. So far. I use it at work just like the D2 and come home to 80%. Its fine and all for someone that wants more life I guess but put them in front of me and ill take the og Razr...

I'm still probably adding the Gnex to the mix. But the D4 I'm not so sure. I did want it before but then when I saw the finished product and keyboard I was less happy...lol

havens1515

Reaction score
How do you apply the fix?

Apply it like any you would other zip, in recovery. I applied it yesterday and it seemed to have fixed all the remaining issues with the camera. I took some videos at practice last night, and it survived the test.