The blackberry storm is back!

tadow213m

Reaction score
Ok not so much but I used to have this very annoying issue with my old storm where i would set my alarm for lets say 7am and go to sleep with a full charge and wake up the next day with no alarm and find my phone turned off because the battery fully drained over night. Since i have had the TB this has happened to me twice, this morning being the latest incident. I had no new apps running before i went to sleep, just the usual and still the phone completely drained. I actually was a bit impressed before this happened because for about 2 days my battery had shown great improvement as far as battery life and then this happened. I love this phone but this is getting very annoying.

neoflex

Reaction score
Why not use the down time at night to have it on charge? Pretty simple solution. Also I find that my battery life has improved after bump charging it.

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
Why leave a fully charged battery on charge over night? The point I'm making is that something is sucking the life out of my battery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

EgooEspada

Reaction score
That shouldn't happen. I would charge my OG Droid before bed and then wake up to find it still at 100% (rare occasions are at 90%). Try doing the 'bump charging' like the previous poster said. If it doesn't work, go to Verizon and ask for them to exchange your battery.

champaned_out

Reaction score
Bump charging will not solve the problem.. obviously this should not be happening... Are you in a 3 or 4G area? Try connecting to WiFi tonight if you have WiFi in your home before you goto sleep... Also make sure your not running any apps in the background that constantly use data.... Force close any of those before going to bed..

also I had this weird problem on my d1 sometimes where the screen would turn on by itself for no reason constantly... Could of been a app to cause that but make sure your screen doesn't randomly turn on and off cause that would drain your battery

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
OP, try checking your uptime/awake time..

make sure you awake time is not constantly running.. what i do is..

settings > about phone > battery.. NOTE the awake time.. hit the pwr button... wait like five mins.. hit the pwr again to make sure the Awake time has not incremented.. if it has.. then find the app keeping your phone awake.. problem solved.

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
My home always has a strong 4g signal and the only app that i use frequently is Gtalk and my stock ticker, that's about it. Its so random that it makes think something is running but i cant see to figure out what because most of the time my phone works fine and doesn't drain with the same routine usage.

cpjr

Reaction score
Well, IMHO not keeping the phone on charge at night is, well, dumb. Sorry, but it is. Any phone is going to have some type of drain overnight while on (obviously) so why not start your day with a full charge.

Seriously, it shouldnt die overnight like that, maybe something is running in the background...but, theres a simple fix to make sure you wake up.

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
This may be wrong but the sales rep at Verizon told me to not over charge the battery and that's the main reason I didn't leave a fully charged phone to charge again over night. If something is running in the background and draining my battery than as soon as I unplug the phone in the morning my battery would drain again during the day. I've gone days where it latest all day with 1 charge so I don't think I have a defective battery.

champaned_out

Reaction score
This may be wrong but the sales rep at Verizon told me to not over charge the battery and that's the main reason I didn't leave a fully charged phone to charge again over night. If something is running in the background and draining my battery than as soon as I unplug the phone in the morning my battery would drain again during the day. I've gone days where it latest all day with 1 charge so I don't think I have a defective battery.

This might be true if your phone is 10 or 15 years old

cpjr

Reaction score
I have ALWAYS charged EVERY phone I have ever owned in the past 10 years overnight, ever night. Never, ever, ever had a problem.

OP
T

tadow213m

Reaction score
Kind of late but I found out what was draining my battery throughout the day. My auto sync was completely destroying my battery life so I turned most of them off (fb, stock widget , etc..) and now my battery makes it through the day with no problem at all. Of you were having the same problem definitely look into your auto sync items.