The best Nexus

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I can only speak on the sgn because that's the only nexus I've owned. If I compare it to the 4 I personally think it's better due to the fact that we have 32gb of HD, removable battery, and more importantly, lte. Hardware wise we're behind, naturally, but those 3 things we have the advantage in really make the phone for me, and lte should really come standard if Google really wants to make the nexus line, even in their tablets.

I would've considered upgrading to the nexus 4 I'd Verizon had gotten it but they really screwed up with the sgn and made them unworthy of carrying the next nexus so I'm not surprised by Google choice
Just my. 02

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Reaction score
Samsung. I'd never but anything lg. I'd rather have the new HTC dna than the lg nexus.

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
I've never had anything up bad luck with every LG I've owned. Big Red isn't offering the Nexus 4, so I'll gladly stick with my GNex.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can only speak on the sgn because that's the only nexus I've owned. If I compare it to the 4 I personally think it's better due to the fact that we have 32gb of HD, removable battery, and more importantly, lte. Hardware wise we're behind, naturally, but those 3 things we have the advantage in really make the phone for me, and lte should really come standard if Google really wants to make the nexus line, even in their tablets.

I would've considered upgrading to the nexus 4 I'd Verizon had gotten it but they really screwed up with the sgn and made them unworthy of carrying the next nexus so I'm not surprised by Google choice
Just my. 02

My 0.02, I think the N4 is a far better Nexus then the SGN and it is worthy too carry the Nexus name unlike the Verizon Nexus.Dezy,I base this opinion on your last statement,VZW screwed up the Nexus.The GSM version is what the Nexus is all about.Being able to have a Nexus w/o having apps blocked and not having to wait for VZW.

Last edited:

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
I have to disagree with the VZ version being unworthy. It's a beast of a phone, and can hold it's own with fresh out of the factory models, including the Nexus 4. Can't help the fact Verizon screwed up. Can't hold the GNex accountable.

OP
S

shooting

Samsung. I'd never but anything lg. I'd rather have the new HTC dna than the lg nexus.
Just wonder why. I had a LG phone before. Only after one month, it always turned off automatically and emerged yellow screen. After many times repair, it didn't work. Finally, they changed a new one for me. It never happened those problems any more. Therefore, I think the after sales service of LG is relatively good.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My 0.02, I think the N4 is a far better Nexus then the SGN and it is worthy too carry the Nexus name unlike the Verizon Nexus.Dezy,I base this opinion on your last statement,VZW screwed up the Nexus.The GSM version is what the Nexus is all about.Being able to have a Nexus w/o having apps blocked and not having to wait for VZW.

Verizon getting the nexus was a great opportunity for them but they royally screwed themselves for the lack of support. They truly aren't deserving of the nexus 4 or any other nexus after.

The hardware itself of the nexus 4 is great, don't get me wrong. Personally for me, I've been spoiled by lte and can't imagine my next phone without it, same with a removable battery, I always like having a spare. But that phone is an absolute beast. If it were another maker and on Verizon I would strongly consider getting it.... Well more likely

WookieClaws

Reaction score
The GNEX is my only Nexus; but I've been very happy with it. The Nexus 4 is shiny but no LTE and 16GB of storage is a deal breaker for me. I had T-Mobile before I switched to VZW and can't see going back; and with my discount VZW is actually cheaper than AT&T for me.

Did Verizon screw the Nexus pooch? More so in the beginning but the last 2 SW releases seemed to go better; not perfect but better. I wonder if VZW didn't feel the version(s) before we got 4.0.4 weren't good enough or worth upgrading us too. The point of a Nexus though is for Google to make that call, and us to deal with them. The Galazy Nexus on both VZW and Sprint suffer from carrier interference. I wonder if when Verizon deploys voice over LTE and doesn't have to deal with 3G radio's if that will make Nexus upgrades much more like HSPA/+ Nexus devices. Then possibly Verizon could have a Nexus device in the spirit in which it's intended; no carrier interface.

I would GLADLY pay full price for a Nexus device from Google if I didn't have to deal with Verizon for updates.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The GNEX is my only Nexus; but I've been very happy with it. The Nexus 4 is shiny but no LTE and 16GB of storage is a deal breaker for me. I had T-Mobile before I switched to VZW and can't see going back; and with my discount VZW is actually cheaper than AT&T for me.

Did Verizon screw the Nexus pooch? More so in the beginning but the last 2 SW releases seemed to go better; not perfect but better. I wonder if VZW didn't feel the version(s) before we got 4.0.4 weren't good enough or worth upgrading us too. The point of a Nexus though is for Google to make that call, and us to deal with them. The Galazy Nexus on both VZW and Sprint suffer from carrier interference. I wonder if when Verizon deploys voice over LTE and doesn't have to deal with 3G radio's if that will make Nexus upgrades much more like HSPA/+ Nexus devices. Then possibly Verizon could have a Nexus device in the spirit in which it's intended; no carrier interface.

I would GLADLY pay full price for a Nexus device from Google if I didn't have to deal with Verizon for updates.
Other then the price,did AT&T have good call coverage and data signal?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Other then the price,did AT&T have good call coverage and data signal?
My family was on AT&T for well over 10yrs and we always had great coverage. Then again, being in the Bay Area, all major networks get pretty good coverage here, but AT&T and Verizon definitely. I would say, Verizon does get better coverage further up NorCal, noticed this when I went to Yosemite with a buncha friends, but there's dead spots for every network up there. Never did have data on AT&T though....

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
My family was on AT&T for well over 10yrs and we always had great coverage. Then again, being in the Bay Area, all major networks get pretty good coverage here, but AT&T and Verizon definitely. I would say, Verizon does get better coverage further up NorCal, noticed this when I went to Yosemite with a buncha friends, but there's dead spots for every network up there. Never did have data on AT&T though....
Thxz