Thanks for what you do DX devs

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dont think people understand what you do and the time you take out of your lives to make our devices run. You do it for free and at times you catch slack 24/7 via pm, post, or social network. Motorola which has a staff of developers produced the buggiest UI in blur and yet people dont complain to them nearly as much as they do devs who do this for free. They paid 200 + for motorola's rom and 0 bucks for the dev. So I say enjoy their work and appreciate what they do because they do an excellent job. Some of these roms I tried are better built than what motorola has built with motoblur, infact a lot of your roms are better than motorola's blur roms. So next time you think to complain to them let me ask you ddi you call or email motorola to complain about blur yet? If not then leave the devs alone. And even if you did still leave them alone and complain to motorola some more.

Continue you work but most of all continue to have fun doing this and we see your work and thank you again for making our device better.

Drummer.graham

Reaction score
Thanks a million! Please, donate to them when you can. They deserve it! Sure they offer a lot of their services and products for free, but, it is always nice to get paid! After all, they took a pretty crappy stock phone and made it amazing! Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droidxchat

Reaction score
i agree with what you're saying but people don't complain to moto because moto doesn't listen... people complain to dev's because those people are often ungrateful, but also because the dev's DO listen, and thats just another great thing about the dev's

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i agree with what you're saying but people don't complain to moto because moto doesn't listen... people complain to dev's because those people are often ungrateful, but also because the dev's DO listen, and thats just another great thing about the dev's

Let me ask u a question. If u bought a tv or laptop and it froze and lagged a lot would you just accept the manufacturer is not listening? Until I am eligible for an upgrade I plan on giving motorola grief about motoblur and a poor job they did with the droid 2 and droid x as far as software. For the money you pay you should not turn tail and just let it go. Motorola have a phone number, email, and live support. You paid your hard earned and they still have not got it right with the updates. If devs who do it for free can make the device responsive then there is no excuse why motorola devlopers have not got it done and you have the right to let them know how you feel in a respectible way. If you do not stand up and you friends and family with droid x and droid2s do not stand up and complain then they gonna think you like it and are happy with it. My signature has a thread and in that thread are the numbers, email address, and website to let them know you are unhappy with motorola's software aka motoblur.

droidxchat

Reaction score

Let me ask u a question. If u bought a tv or laptop and it froze and lagged a lot would you just accept the manufacturer is not listening? Until I am eligible for an upgrade I plan on giving motorola grief about motoblur and a poor job they did with the droid 2 and droid x as far as software. For the money you pay you should not turn tail and just let it go. Motorola have a phone number, email, and live support. You paid your hard earned and they still have not got it right with the updates. If devs who do it for free can make the device responsive then there is no excuse why motorola devlopers have not got it done and you have the right to let them know how you feel in a respectible way. If you do not stand up and you friends and family with droid x and droid2s do not stand up and complain then they gonna think you like it and are happy with it. My signature has a thread and in that thread are the numbers, email address, and website to let them know you are unhappy with motorola's software aka motoblur.

How often do they email/call you back with a fix for your problem?

andylulzyou

Reaction score
MotoBlur actually isn't that bad, the only thing that we should be complaining to Motorola about is the locked bootloader.

J

Johnly

I would like to thank them all as well (ALL of them.) The Builders, Framers, Themers, Photoshopers, Coders, Leakers, it is EVERYONE that makes having a rooted device so much fun. I can say that, at one point, a (talented themer(if you read this, you know who you are)) had a different idea on Launchers.

The fact is, if it would have been someone that was just a user, I would have prolly not left well enough alone, but it was with a respected themer (whose work is really good, and I will support even though I said otherwise.)

The point I am trying to make is that disliking a ROM, or a theme is fine. Taking it beyond that and PMing them (guilty) spreading falsities to other websites, or generally just being a ***hole makes things worse for us ALL. So if the next time a developer/themer or whatever makes something, supports a different UI, device or whatever than we think they ought to, lets just move on to find what we like, and let them be, as what you and I like won't be the same.

I think I have seen over the past year or so, some great devs get **** on for the stupidest reasons. I have even seen people (we all have) try and pit forums against each other.

Thanks for a great post PC, and I needed to respond as I think we all can learn something by letting little things go, and supporting ALL the developers we can. It just makes our community richer, and maybe even some much anticipated ROM updates come faster LOL! J/K devs, but seriously, I reverberate PC's OP, and say thanks to you all, no matter what UI, Deveice, Team you work with!

droidxchat

Reaction score
MotoBlur actually isn't that bad, the only thing that we should be complaining to Motorola about is the locked bootloader.

true... but unfortunately if there is one thing they refuse to hear us on, its that... remember the post they made saying "if you want an unlocked bootloader don't buy a motorola" or something along those lines? although it could be argued that if enough people complain about the bootloader they might reconsider.

anyway, getting off topic now so i apologize. all hail the devs!

CHP

Reaction score
+infinity. It would take me forever to get even an idea of what they're doing.

mcp770

Reaction score
I agree 100%. its a catch 22 locking the bootloader. I'm sure moto did it at least in part to cut down on returns and issues caused by people bricking. I don't even consider bricking an issue given running an sbf takes five minutes to get back going. I like to thank every asshat that took their phone back to verizon after not following rom instructions and/or incorrectly installing a leaked rom. I think they should have been forced to buy a new phone rather than validate moto's reasoning for locking the phone.