Thankfully Some Note 5 Bloatware Is Uninstallable

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

One huge complaint from power users is the inclusion of Bloatware on carrier version phones. The worst case of bloatware on the phone has to be the Lenovo K3 Note. The bloatware on this phone was so ridiculous it nearly ruined the device for me. Verizon has been pretty bad about including bloat ware on their devices. We get a whole suite of useless Verizon branded apps in every phone. These can be disabled, but still take up memory on the phone. There are a few extra apps included on the Verizon Note 5 which can be completely uninstalled. You can fully uninstall PandaPop, Cookie Crush, King Empire.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sure wish they'd give other bloat the same treatment that they give games. If memory serves, there were some games on my Note 4 when I first got it that were able to be uninstalled as well, but I also had to disable several that allowed no other option, but that I knew I wouldn't be using for the entire time I own this phone.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Evernote was uninstallable when I first got the phone ,i deleted it,then a firmware update blocked that ability but Lollipop unlocked it again so it's now gone again on my phone. Not sure if that was an AT&T exclusive but it's nice they gave me back the ability. This falls squarely into the bloatware debate as it's a pretty popular app like Dropbox and Kindle , that both are embedded on my Note8 and can only be disabled.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Now that Samsung is going the route of no external SD cards, I think they should make this option available for all pre-loaded apps. And Verizon should follow suit with their pre -loaded apps. For some reason I think Samsung might actually entertain this ability where Verizon will not.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I think it is called DT Ignite that installs those games and Uber. Disable that, and then uninstall the junk it added. Seems to only be on LG and Samsung phones, that I have seen.

Sent from my Verizon G4