Texting contact info

meaker

Reaction score
I've had a droid1 and droidx and have yet to figure how to text a friend anothers friend's number without have to remember the number and manually doing it.. Is there a way to share info via text easier.. I know those apple people can:(

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
If you go into the contact app, click on the contact you want to share, and long-press on the number you want to text to someone else, a popup should come up with "share number" as an option. Select that, and choose the messaging app (or however else you want to share the number). It'll open up a new text message.

OP
M

meaker

Reaction score
Or try another messaging app.
I use handcent but I don't think it matters what texting app you are running..

If you go into the contact app, click on the contact you want to share, and long-press on the number you want to text to someone else, a popup should come up with "share number" as an option. Select that, and choose the messaging app (or however else you want to share the number). It'll open up a new text message.
When I try long press it only give me options- call contact, text contact, make default number...
if I hit the menu button I get a share option but when selecting that it only give me the options of -bluetooth, email, gmail and dropbox(i have that app in my phone)
Now I'm on liberty gb but I tried this on a buddy's stock DX with gb long pressing didnt do it either..

Last edited: