Append contact info?

Solcutter

Reaction score
So me and my sister who is a verizon wireless sales rep were trying to figure out this a few days ago.

Situation is due to my previous phone taking a dive while going through a software update, so none of my contacts are accessable. The new phones contact list needs to be entered all over again. I sent requests to all the people I had on my phone requesting they send me a text message.

As these messages come in, they show up as the persons number. All of my contacts were pulled from facebook, so I dont need to create a new contact for them as I get the messages.

Im looking for an easier way to put the number in a contact entry in my contacts list, other than writing it down then bringing up a contact and manually entering the number in.

Ive tried every way I can think of but I cant seem to append a contact info with the number.

any ideas appreciated.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
All your co.facts should be in your gmail account on line. Simply sync your phone to gmail and your contacts should transfer over.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something I would think your sister would know this.

OP
S

Solcutter

Reaction score
I had a LG Voyager before. my contacts on that phone were lost, and were not kept on any online place, or backed up anywhere.

When I get text messages from people, they are in my contacts list, but the number is not yet associated with the contact. I had to create a new gmail account for this phone when I got it as the only gmail account i have is one I use as a test account for support purposes, so that account has no contacts in it.

Im looking for an easier way to add in a phone number to an existing contact. as of now, i have to write it down and then open up the contact then put it in there.

at the moment, I have 1 text message from a person on my contacts list. Its listing the sender as 555-666-7777, not a name. the contact pic at the top is grey, so i hit that.

"add contact"
"add '555-666-7777' to contacts?"
ok cancel

I hit ok, and select the person from the list. but it seems theres no way to get that number into that contact ive selected. Is there another way to do this?

If not, I will just grin and bear it, or delve into the gmail account and enter the details there.

Last edited:

droider4life

Reaction score
Can't u just hit menu from the text that sent u.. then hit more in the options then add to contact??

eliassami5

Reaction score
when someone texts you their number you can press it if its highlighted in blue and then merge them with their facebook profile

OP
S

Solcutter

Reaction score
if i hit the number ( it is highlighted in blue) i get a menu delete, view message details, copy message text (text of message is just 'whats up', no number) lock message, call the number, add to contacts. i hit add to contacts.

i select his contact off the list.at this point i can hit menu. there is a join option, but if i choose that, it shows the contacts list, but his contact entry is now missing. i assume it wants to join with a different contact now.

once i hit Add 555-666-7777 to contacts. and bring up that message. nothing in the menu allows me to enter in that number. i open phone, change to mobile, and highlight the mobile number field then hit done. doesnt bring in the number.