Contacts mix up?

SmartphoneNewbie

Reaction score
Today all of a sudden the messaging app has been acting up.
It registers my girlfriend number as a 900-8000-XXXX number then i tried to text my sister and it read that i had texted my friend.
After seeing this i tried texting my mom and it read that i had texted my sister.
I thought it might be a problem with just sending messages so i had my sister text me and it registered as my friend texting me and when i clicked into the message it showed her name and contact picture but still under my friends thread.

I'm so confused as to why it's doing this out of nowhere, i've had no issues with my D1 before this. Is there any way to fix this without reseting my phone?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Today all of a sudden the messaging app has been acting up.
It registers my girlfriend number as a 900-8000-XXXX number then i tried to text my sister and it read that i had texted my friend.
After seeing this i tried texting my mom and it read that i had texted my sister.
I thought it might be a problem with just sending messages so i had my sister text me and it registered as my friend texting me and when i clicked into the message it showed her name and contact picture but still under my friends thread.

I'm so confused as to why it's doing this out of nowhere, i've had no issues with my D1 before this. Is there any way to fix this without reseting my phone?

Probably not. I'd do a factory data reset and if that didn't fix it, use your warranty while you still can.

Factory data reset is not that big of a deal, really. It just means you need to sign into a few things again. If you have MyBackupPro on your Droid you shouldn't lose your unpaid apps.

Hope it works out for you.