text messaging problem

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
Ok so i dont know if this is a problem or not but when im texting more than one person at a time my phone act's weird like yesterday I was texting my gf and then my friend text me so i go to c what it is i click on the message and it says that his name is my gf it like changes his name. Has anyone herd of this problem im wondering if it is an issue

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so i dont know if this is a problem or not but when im texting more than one person at a time my phone act's weird like yesterday I was texting my gf and then my friend text me so i go to c what it is i click on the message and it says that his name is my gf it like changes his name. Has anyone herd of this problem im wondering if it is an issue

Yep, I've heard about it mixing up text information. I don't text much so I haven't actually seen it.

Try using handcent instead of the stock texting app. It's available in the Market for free.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
Ok i will try that but is it a defect in my phone? Is there something wrong with my phone though?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok i will try that but is it a defect in my phone? Is there something wrong with my phone though?

I don't think so. Give handcent a try and if it still happens take the phone back and get another.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
Ya i will give it a try i just want to know if anyone else has this problem and what did u guys do. I will give handecebt a try but if i dont like it i would rather use the regular one

AGRSV1

Reaction score
Yeup, this has happened to me countless times. I have even txted the wrong person because of it. For example, I knew a string of txts came from one person, but the listing said another. I clicked on the listing and sent a new txt, but the txt went to the second person instead of the first. The only fix I had was to cycle power to the phone.
I have used both the original and Handcent and both had the same problems. I am now using Chomp (for about a week, now) and I haven't seen this problem.

OP
T

Tmurrray315

Reaction score
How did u do that? And is a defect or problem with my phone

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
I've experienced this intermittently. If I get two Text Messages at once I use the Text Message Icon on the home screen (which will segregate the two messages) instead of attempting to reply to them via the Pull Down Status Bar.

From my experience it seems like attempting to answer the Text Messages via the Pull Down Status Bar causes this problem.

pockets

Reaction score
Lol... yea this can/will happen. Mine was not good...ended up in FML