messages deleting

jimdangles

Reaction score
I am having a few problems but I believe its all stemmed from SMS. First thing is every couple of days all my messages delete including messages I have locked or saved. Immediately after when I'm in the middle of convos the name/picture will be mixed up. I may go to text somebody and it will send to sommebody different. Hard to explain but an example is yesterday my friend text me and it said from diller who I know the text was from and I replied and he didn't answer but text me back on a seperate occasion so from his messaging thread I hit menu >call and I ended up on the phone with my friend Raul. So I tried from his thread again and it kept calling Raul. The display picture, thread and notifaction showed diller and received a text from him but it linked it to Raul. This could be a HUGE problem and blow up. Once this has happened I can turn off the phone and it goes back to normal but I shouldn't have to. I already updated to the most recent version that supposedly fixes the sms issue. I'm considering a complete phone wipe but that's a last resort. Sorry for all the extra babble.

droidG1

Reaction score
I went through the same thing for months. Prior to the latest update, which is a patch that is suppose to address the text issues, my phone deleted all my messages 3 times. Also, went through periods where my texts went to people other than who it was intended for. However, since the latest (2.2.2) everything is okay so far. Just go to >settings>about phone>system updates to make sure your phone is up to date. Also, turn off your phone from time to time and take the battery out to "reset" it. It is kind of like doing a system reboot for your computer. Other than that, I can't think of anything else. I've gone to the Verizon store numerous times and told them this is an issue for many customers but they said they didn't know anything about it and nothing they can do.

OP
J

jimdangles

Reaction score
Alright thanks I checked and I am running 2.2.2 and I have noticed since the update(been 2 weeks) its only happend once which is less frequent..ill try pulling the battery every couple of days or so and give an update if it doesn't work..