Handcent App Problem - Please Help!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You could try the reinstall, I have read elsewhere handcent uses the native app somehow so there could be something buggy. I haven't had any issues with it so could give it a shot. Also I've had some weird things happen between vz and att with txt. I don't think that would be an issue but never know

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
That's a good point...forgot iphone didn't do mms

csodjd

Reaction score
Apparently it does now with the latest update to iTunes. I have considered that as part or possibly all of the problem and printed out the instructions to have her do the update and get MMS working on her iPhone. Apparently iPhone OS 3.1 is required along with a "carrier-settings update."

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently it does now with the latest update to iTunes. I have considered that as part or possibly all of the problem and printed out the instructions to have her do the update and get MMS working on her iPhone. Apparently iPhone OS 3.1 is required along with a "carrier-settings update."
Does enabling MMS, via the instructions, require syncing to an account?

altjx

Reaction score
I agree, I thought MMS was covered under data. I don't think you're being charged. I'm very interested in knowing though.

OP
R

recDNA

Reaction score
Even IF it is covered (and I do not believe it is - all my mms show up on my statement) it is stil unacceptable. The recipient of the MMS gets a long add-on from Verizon at the end of the message telling the recipient how to open the "picture" that is attached to the message...but of course there IS no picture so it is confusing. Furthermore, when they RETURN the message it comes in as an MMS in MY message inbox with all that jibberish attached to it. No good.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why the developer wanted to convert sms to mms when sending to email ady.