Please Help.....Handcent text

5shakespeare

Reaction score
I really like the handcent app for text messages, but a couple of problems that I need help on....1..when i get a text message both apps go off.(2 ringtones)..original app and handcent...2. if i tap on the handcent app i can read and reply but i cant send "new message"....can i turn off the original text message app and just use handcent? how do i send "new message" using handcent...the other issue is that my status keeps showing the icon for message and i have to manually clear it, where as before once i read a message the icon went away on the status bar....thanks for your help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really like the handcent app for text messages, but a couple of problems that I need help on....1..when i get a text message both apps go off.(2 ringtones)..original app and handcent...2. if i tap on the handcent app i can read and reply but i cant send "new message"....can i turn off the original text message app and just use handcent? how do i send "new message" using handcent...the other issue is that my status keeps showing the icon for message and i have to manually clear it, where as before once i read a message the icon went away on the status bar....thanks for your help.
You need to go into your settings and turn off notifications on the original messenger

Your second question I think what you want to do is to clear thread and then send message. That would mean typing the name back in.

Third issued I haven't ran across so I can't help there.

OP

5shakespeare

Reaction score
thank you...when i went into settings it stopped notifying me....top left corner is where u go to send new message...