Text messaging issues on my Droid X

Osunflower14

Reaction score
I recently been having issues with my text messaging on my Droid X touchscreen keyboard. When I am typing a text to someone, not all the letters so up right away. It takes about a second and then after typing a couple letters, they show up. Then when I hit the spacebar or after typing a couple words the keyboard automatically goes away and then I have to hit the text box again to get it to pull up. Is this a phone issue? or do u think I did something to my phone? I keep it in my bag and I have a hard case and a screen protector on it. I shut the phone off and took the battery out but that didnt help. Any suggestions? This is really annoying esp since I love to text. Now it takes me 10 minutes to type 3 words.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
I was having a similar problem with my Twitter and some other programs when I was using the keyboard. I use Swype, not the multi-touch keyboard. I think there was a conflict with Yahoo! Messenger and another app on the phone. I removed Yahoo! Messenger and haven't had a problem since.

If you don't have Y! Messenger, then it may be another app that you've recently installed or updated that is making your phone wonky. You may have to delete apps to figure out what it is.

Hope this helps!

wyld

Reaction score
Try going application - manage apps - all - scroll down to multi touch KB and clear cache.

DarkSlideX DroidX

TenaciousC

Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering about this, what wyld said worked for me. However instead of clearing the cache (which was not available for me) I had to clear all data.

wyld

Reaction score
In case anyone is wondering about this, what wyld said worked for me. However instead of clearing the cache (which was not available for me) I had to clear all data.

Glad to help in some way I guess! Lol

DarkSlideX DROIDX

RhymeAndReason

Reaction score
I was having the same issue with texting, browser, facebook, and twitter apps. I turned off the "Next word prediction" option.

Settings > Language & keyboard > Multi-touch keyboard > Next word prediction

So far so good for me