Text messages over 160 characters to non-vzw customers wont send??

CStradling24

Reaction score
I had the Imagio and the Touch Pro before this phone. I was able to send messages over 160 characters to non-vzw customers with those phones. It would simply split the message up into 160 characters parts.

With the Droid when I try this, I get a text saying that only the first 160 characters of messages sent to non-vzw customers will be sent. I never got this text on my old phones. It does just as it says too, the person I am sending it to will only get the first 160, the rest is just deleted... What gives? Is this something vzw could have changed on the account on accident or did the Windows Mobile phones just split the messages for me?

phone

Reaction score
Handcent SMS will auto split the messages for you. It's free from Market.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
As the others have said...

+1 for Handcent

mikespe

Reaction score
I'm preaching to the choir here but Handcent all the way! Even let's you have bubbles like the iPhone!

biglipps66

Reaction score
Handcent SMS will auto split the messages for you. It's free from Market.

Dot.
The last few updates to it have been nice as well. Getting more rock solid with every update, I love this phone

altjx

Reaction score
Hmm, looks like I need to get handcent. I don't know why they just didn't make it auto-split the message anyway. That's crazy.

knicho19

Reaction score
is there an app that lets you use the standard messaging on your phone but will split the texts for you? i dont want to have a different theme or program for my sms, i like the normal touch keyboard and interface

ghostengineer

Reaction score
I just downloaded this app and like the looks of the sms feature better then the android version. I have a question. I have the Moto droid, and uploaded this. Is there a way to make handcent my default sms option? If I get a text message it shows up for both the stock Android message center, and also Handcent. Am I missing something ? I cant figure it out.