Text Messages Failing to send?

FireMedic65

Reaction score
Tried sending an sms to a friend. He has ATT.. msg failed to send. Also failed to send to his GV number. But it worked when I tried his work verizon number. he sent me a message on his ATT and I was able to reply... *shrugs*

schatzy62

Reaction score
I get the message that a text has not been sent maybe 3-4 times a day. But most days it means absolutely nothing as the person on the other end reply's to me with the answer to my questions. So even though it supposedly did not send they have received it.

Maxv65

Reaction score
The only fix for me was to get it working by hard reset...then backup apn... and everytime it happens ... reload the apn. Works for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Maxv65

Reaction score
Try resetting apn

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

FireMedic65

Reaction score
Suddenly the people I was trying to text works..

How do I do this "apn" thing just in case it happens again? Sorry I am very new to all of this.

FireMedic65

Reaction score
I went through all the normal fixes... pull battery for a min or so, clear data/cache, re-install app (did it in handcent and default app). Even went as far as factory re-set.

After all of that... The fix was check your friends numbers. If there is a + or 1 in front of them, take them out. I did this and have not had any problems since. A verizon tech said it had something to do with the phone thinking you are trying to make international texts