Sending text messages to multiple people...need help

spider10382

Reaction score
since doing the update I have been running into a problem that i had never had before. When trying to send a text message to multiple people it doesnt work. You click on the to: field and it brings you into your contacts list, i can scroll through and check off all the names I want to send the text to but then when I go back to the message it doesnt carry those names over. The only way I can send a text to more than one person at a time is to 1 by 1 add them into the messsage. WTF is that! Anyone else notice this or come up with a fix for it? :icon_evil:

Shelooga

Reaction score
since doing the update I have been running into a problem that i had never had before. When trying to send a text message to multiple people it doesnt work. You click on the to: field and it brings you into your contacts list, i can scroll through and check off all the names I want to send the text to but then when I go back to the message it doesnt carry those names over. The only way I can send a text to more than one person at a time is to 1 by 1 add them into the messsage. WTF is that! Anyone else notice this or come up with a fix for it? :icon_evil:

handcent messaging app. i hate having two messaging apps as i feel its a waste of resources, but that msg app really does blow the stock one out of the water

OP
S

spider10382

Reaction score
Cool thanks I'll check it out

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Shelooga

Reaction score
Cool thanks I'll check it out

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

i think youll be satisfied. lots of features. can change led, tone, font color; and do all for each contact if you choose. enough options to keep you busy for, eh, about an hour

Shelooga

Reaction score
if i use handcent can I disable the stock messaging?

yep. keep on the 'auto retrieve' option in the stock apps settings and disable notifications so you dont get duplicates. just dont delete the stock msg app. i did that way back when; you wont get any notifications from handcent if you do

OP
S

spider10382

Reaction score
I was just about to post that I figured just shut off the notifications. I deleted a message in handcent and realized it deleted it in the stock program too. dancedroid

I think the only way I could remove the stock texting would be to root the droid something I probably wont do anyways!

Thanks! So far it seems pretty cool.