Text Message Video's

sbailey

Reaction score
Really trying to learn this Droid2! Daughters have sent me short videos of grands through text message. I would like to keep these video's. How can I save them? I have selected the video in the message & pressed menu & only get the keyboard. These are precious moments that I would like to keep. Please help!!!!!:blink:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really trying to learn this Droid2! Daughters have sent me short videos of grands through text message. I would like to keep these video's. How can I save them? I have selected the video in the message & pressed menu & only get the keyboard. These are precious moments that I would like to keep. Please help!!!!!:blink:

I think if my memory serves me righ, that you double tap or long press the video and hit save media. it will save the videos on your sd card and you can download a file manager to locate it.

OP
S

sbailey

Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you!!!!!!!:icon_ banana:

atasteofcreole

Reaction score
That doens't work

I've tried both double tapping and long hold. Neither work. Double tapping closes text system and long hold just causes it to highlight around finger, but nothing. When i remove finger it opens the video.

How do i download & send video from text messages?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dont longhold on the video or pic, do it on the text line below the video. like on the "whoever sent this" : blah blah - longhold the blah blah or even the : and youll get options. then click "Copy attached to SD card"

*sorry for not being clear before. i must have been tired.

atasteofcreole

Reaction score
Doesn;t work on video

that only works on pics not not video. That's why I went looking for this site.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
that only works on pics not not video. That's why I went looking for this site.

ok, let me be even more clear. Ex:

Mom : Hello
Me : Hi Mom
Mom : Look at this
[A video of a dog]
Mom : Isnt it Cute?

Thats the conversation in mms. Long click (a One Mississippi-probly not even a Missisippi more like a One and) anything in the red. i suggest the : becuase it shows up even if their is no text. This definitely works for video... I just recorded a 2 sec clip and tryed it out. Sorry if i left room for even more confusion.

****If you dont like the default mms app you can always try a different one, like Handcent or Chomp sms.
Also i see your new, Welcome to the forums. :icon_ banana:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've tried both double tapping and long hold. Neither work. Double tapping closes text system and long hold just causes it to highlight around finger, but nothing. When i remove finger it opens the video.

How do i download & send video from text messages?

I think that what he is asking is not how to receive the text video but how to send it. Here's how I'd do it.

I'd go to the video itself and long press on that. An option should come up to share and one of those sharing options should be text. Tap that and your text app will pop up, write your message or at least your subject and it should go.

I believe there is a limit in the size of a video that you can send via text but I'm not sure what that size is.