Text message forwarding

Badadio

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for about a month and have learned most of the nuances but there is one issue I can't seem to find the solution to.

When you want to forward a text message, or when you take a picture and want to send it through text, do you have to type in your contact's phone number every time?

I have read and heard that you are supposed to start typing your contact's name and it will insert it into the "To:" box. But it doesn't. Every time I want to forward a message I have to type in my contact's full phone number. This can't be right.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone can tell me what the simple solution to this problem is. It has gotten quite frustrating and nobody seems to have the answer.

Thanks in advance!

toppermom32

Reaction score
I have the Droid Eris and if you tap the smart dial bar and start typing the fist few letters for the persons name they will pop up and tap it and it will go into the address bar, it these phones work the same in that way. Good luck. Toppermom32

Kack

Reaction score
I never found a solution. searched and searched then downloaded chomp then handcent. picked chomp cuz handcent freaked out my droid.

OP
B

Badadio

Reaction score
My problem was as simple as I thought it was. My contacts weren't listed as a "Mobile number" and so the phone couldn't find it when I searched the "To" box.