Text Memory Full / Low Phone Storage

lwallis1968

Reaction score
Hi. I've had my LG Vortex for 4 months. About 5 weeks ago, it started vibrating and beeping and giving me messages that my text memory was full and therefore unable to receive any new texts. So, I deleted them all and the phone was fine until a week ago. Since this first happened I have been diligent about deleting my text messages to avoid the same thing. So, now I not only get the text memory full, when I have absolutely none on the phone because I delete them all; and I also am now getting the message that the phone storage is full when the settings for the phone storage indicate completely otherwise. I have deleted all call logs, all text messages, uninstalled apps, turned it off and on, removed the battery; and I moved the ONE thing that I have actually downloaded to the SD card....nothing I have tried is fixing this but I'm getting really frustrated because it just keeps beeping and vibrating and I can't get texts or emails. Has anyone run into this problem? I'm ready to take the phone back to Verizon and demand a new one because I refuse to pay for a mandatory data package when I clearly cannot receive or send any data. HELP????

LThope33

Reaction score
Hi! I have the same phone for 2 1/2 months and it has the same issues. I think its an issue with the phone itself. The same phone on sprint (optimus s) is having the same issues (if you google it you will see the same problem in forums being discussed). I took mine in today to the Verizon and they ordered me a new phone...said that was the only thing they could do. My old Samsung exclaim (on sprint) had the same problem and was not fixed until samsung did a software upgrade...which i was able to finally download over the air (OTA). So...I'm hopeful the new phone works until the software update comes out. I think that's what's needed.

mkilla

Reaction score
The incredible also had this problem with low space. It appears to be a problem with the mail app, it keeps growing in size, Only thing i know to do is either use a different mail app other then the one that came with the phone or clear its cache, but doing this resets the mail app and you have to re enter all your information for an account.