Low Storage

trthornton1

Reaction score
Is there a reason why on vortex phone would report a low storage message and another would not. I keep getting this message and sometimes it keeps my txt messages from coming through. Any thoughts?

OP
T

trthornton1

Reaction score
We keep getting a low storage on phone message which keeps some of our txt messages from coming through. Any thoughts on what may cause this? Also my mom has the same phone and has much more stored on her phone and she has never received any messages of low storage.

twokatmew

Reaction score
Or too many installed apps. Phones have only so much storage. See about moving some to the SD card and/or uninstalling seldom-used apps.

smartha89

Reaction score
I Have The Same Problem

Trthornton1,
I understand your frustration. I also go through the same issue. Though, my sister has the same phone as I do and she has a lot more saved on it than I.
If anyone can let us know what is going on, I would really appreciate it.

RoyR80

Reaction score
Blind shot in the dark: How many MMS's are you guys comparing? If you have 10MMS's, they could be larger them 1000sms....

kawasakilewis

Reaction score
move all apps you can to your sd card and erase your messages and mine usually goes away, if it dont, try restarting your phone

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums

graygrannyonate

Reaction score
move all apps you can to your sd card and erase your messages and mine usually goes away, if it dont, try restarting your phone

Same problem I am having. I have the apps that can be moved to the SD card moved. I;ve deleted my messages. I've restarted many times. The fact is that it seems like daily I have less and less memory to use. I've deleted many apps that I've had before I began getting the error messages.

Does my phone work similar to an older computer hardrive, where I need to defrag, or in this case, hard reset, to reclaim memory or is this a phone defect?