"Low on Space"

MyPoorPhone

Reaction score
I have a LG Vortex, I had it for one month. I only have 3 apps and like a couple text messages. Why do I keep getting this pop up? I know my phone is not out of space.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't know anything about your phone, but if I had this issue I would try a factory data reset. If you download the apps again and you still get that message, I'd use my warranty.

Hopefully the apps you have installed are not a task killer or virus protection. I really don't see even those causing that kind of message but if you do have them uninstall before resetting.

graygrannyonate

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. While the phone came with a 2 GB I have replaced it with my 8 GB from my HTC eris.

The salesrep automatically put Back-Up assistant on without asking me. Now I have double 300 contacts because Goggle sync is most important to me. I'm told I can't take Backup assistant off without the factory reset. Is there really not a way to delete or just turn off Back-Up assistant.

There are several other programs I would like to get rid of, but the option to uninstall is grayed out.

I would also like to save my text messages, contacts, etc to my SD card. That option is there, but also grayed out. What gives?

Its like I am feeling to log on to the phone as an adminitrator or something.

Suggestions for making the buttons usuable?

What is strange is that I had a bunch of texts on my phone. Most of them had been erased and then I got the low on memory message. Do the text messages, contacts and apps all save to the same place?

Debbie